38

CHAPTER 38
NARRATIVE

3 months later
July, 16th

"You seriously never watched clueless?? it's a classic." I tease, poking Gage as we pick a movie to watch for the night. The lights in the living room dimmed, very relaxing.

"It's like a girl movie you know, like you'll never catch me watching mean girls." Gage chuckles, eating some of the popcorn from the bowl.

My dad let me go over to Gage's for the night. I know I should be with my dad but what are the odds the one time I go out in awhile bad things happen?

"I'm sorry but Netflix has like no good movies, if you don't want to watch clueless." I state honestly with a shrug, bored of the shitty selection.

"I guess we could turn on The Society and just chill or some." Gage replies, clicking off the movie category, probably agreeing with my statement.

We talk while the show plays and act like normal boyfriend and girlfriend. This relationship is different from the one I had with Alejandro, more adventure and fun I feel like.

Once I saw the prom pictures of him and Vic I knew I wasn't going to ignore my thoughts about Gage. I mean look where we are now, in the boys house alone, not counting his cute border collie dog Ollie.

"Who's a good girl?" I ask in a baby voice to the dog as i pet the cute furry thing behind her ears, while she lays in my lap.

"Ollie hates all my friends, it's cute seeing her like this." Gage mentions as he starts petting her as well.

I feel myself drift asleep on the couch, Gage places a blanket softly over me before disappearing into his bedroom. For some reason I was feeling home sick, not home home but you know here home.

———

I walk into the quiet apartment, it's nearly 1 pm but I quickly scurry into my bedroom to drop my stuff off and get comfortable. It happens to be a pretty gloomy day, it's kind of always gloomy though.

Noel said his fam is going to stop by and visit my dad for the day like they did a couple of weeks ago. Yet my dad is still asleep and they should be here in an hour or two.

I take a quick shower before realizing that something has to be off. I mean my dad could've had a bad night, but he would normally be up by now either way. And my dad is not known for waking up at 1, he is almost always up at 8, latest 10.

Maybe he isn't even home, he would've told me though so never mind. I'm already panicking, I throw on some clothes and head out to go check my dads bedroom to see if he's there and just peacefully asleep.

I have gotten paranoid like this a couple of times, one time an hour after school I realized I hadn't seen my dad all day. Took me a minute to notice a note on the counter, major face palm.

His bed room is across the living room, and that's when I see him. His visibly lifeless body on the couch, my knees feel weak and I start sobbing. My last living cat also crying with me as she sits in front of the couch, looking at my dad with concern.

It feels as if I'm about to pass out while my shaky hands grab the phone to dial 9-1-1. I swallow the lump in my throat and try to breath, to help myself calm myself down before I cause myself to faint.

I sniff and try to hold in my tears as the phone gets answered, "Hello this is 9-1-1, what is your emergency?" The man asks on the other side of the line, having a hint of annoyance in his voice probably because of a previous call.

"M-my dad is dead."

———

By the time they took my dad away i had called Noel to tell him they couldn't come over. I tried not to seem like anything was up but it didn't feel right not letting them know, so I told him.

I still sit on the floor, against the wall as I ball my eyes out to the point where I have a headache and I need to catch a breath.

I think I sat against the wall for a good hour or more. I debated calling Gage for support, but I didn't want to bother him or really talk about it.

I decided it would be smart to call my mom so I could get a flight home in a couple of days. it's still early there though and she's at work or on her way to work, but she told me to call her the minute something happened.

"Hey mom." I say quietly into the phone after she finally answered after letting it ring 5 times.

"Hey sweetie what's up? I'm on my way to work right now but we can talk for a few." My mom states, i could hear the road sounds, probably due to being on the car phone speaker.

"Uh well-." I cut myself off by starting to cry again, I didn't even know how to say it. I assume my mom knows what is going on by now.

"Oh baby I'm so sorry, can we talk later? If you're still awake of course, but I can't take the day off." Mom asks causing me to sigh.

"Sure, love you bye." I answer before I hang up and head into the kitchen to make a quick snack so I don't starve.

Now here comes the part I LOVE doing, leaving my new friends. Difference is, this time I'm not coming back for them and I have to break up with another guy I really like.

God is really pushing it these days, like calm down please.

SAHAR'S NOTES
so like I hate this with a passion, also her dad had been dead for who knows how long when she found him so ofc she didn't try and save him.

25 votes and comments for the next update.