10

CHAPTER 10
FLASHBACK NARRATIVE

We walk into the underage dance bar, almost as packed as I assumed it would be on a Saturday night at 10:30.

"I want you to meet some people." Hector smiles grabbing my hand and leading me over to a table with a bunch of people.

Some of them look familiar like from school and others I didn't recognize but all very much intimidating.

"You'll be my girlfriend for the night, so they won't pass any boundaries." Hector whispers to me because I was confused to why he was still holding my hand.

I had a bad gut feeling about this but I can't go home now, he promised to get me home before 9 but I left a latter outside just Incase.

"This is Monae everyone." Hector states and everybody stops and watches me, I do look bomb but still makes me uncomfortable.

"A lot taller then I thought she'd be." One of them chuckles, " I was thinking 5'4 or something.

"She's in heels so of course she's taller then me, but we are about the same height." He replies as he forces us to sit down at the big round booth with the rest of them.

The booth was in the back which I guess was like vip so nobody was really around to bother us which was cool.

One of the guys slides their gun onto the table and mother guy grabs it. I look over at Hector confused and he just shrugs.

"So is this why you came out here?" I question him quietly.

"Do you got a problem? You can't get rid of me, I live here now." He replies with a chuckle which intimates me and I'm not easily intimidated, especially by people I already know.

"Almost ready?" Someone asks and the guy who took the gun nods and everybody starts getting up. I follow the lead even though I don't want to be apart of whatever this is. But I don't want to be alone.

"I can stay inside," I suggest and make an excuse to why I don't want to go outside so I don't sound as pussy as I felt, "I don't want to get in the way of anything."

Hector grabs my hand again and drags me outside where we are met with another group of guys and a girl who seemed to be in the position I was.

I yank my hand from his and fold my arms which made me feel like a brat, but I just don't want to be a part of whatever this is.

"Just go sit over there or some." Hector tells me pointing to the bench seeming annoyed with me. I saw him like a week ago and it's like he's changed so fast. Or maybe I was oblivious.

I walk over to the bench and sit down pissed and not excited. The girl from the other side also walks over and sits down. We seemed over dressed compared to do them like we were hookers or some.

"This is so stupid, I didn't even ask to be a part of it." The girl whispers and I nod agreeing with the statement.

"Plus out of all the places they could do this?" I chuckle quietly shaking my head, "Please tell me someone already called the cops"

"Yeah I really don't want to accidentally get shot, my parents will kill me, if I'm not already dead." She laughs with me.

"Same, I wouldn't be in this situation if my parents were staying home today. Then again he might've convinced me to sneak through the window." I roll my eyes.

Suddenly they start yelling at each other and some start fighting which leads to a big pile of fighting people and yelling. People from inside come out and start recording.

"So they have guns but physically fight first?" I question confused as we watch them.

"Yeah i guess, i don't really understand them. They say they gonna have a shoot out and fight each other like the cops won't come before they pull the guns out." She shrugs and a small chuckle escapes her lips.

"Should we go then?" I ask with a chuckle, "sorry if I'm being annoying."

"If we leave we ain't got a ride, I assume. Unless our guy gets arrested." She replies, "and you're good, it's nice to have someone to talk to."

I cover my ears as I watch someone pull their gun out and shoot it up in the air to get everyone to stop, which it scares the bystanders.

"Shouldn't they have security?" I state looking around confused looking closely at the time which was getting close to 11.

The crowd had died down and went back inside after the fight ended. Some of the guys were bleeding and had black eyes.

"Oh I'm guessing he's apart of this because he disappeared when we came outside." She shrugs like she doesn't care.

Everyone started running as they heard sirens pretty much leaving this white girl and I stuck here and we couldn't run very far or fast in heels.

"I'd say go back in but we'd still probably end up getting questioned." She chuckles rolling her eyes

"At least we got bigger dicks then them." I laugh before flipping Hector off who was driving away.

"But we have nothing to get arrested for, if they stayed they'd be in trouble." She explains as we both shiver in the nights breeze.

The police squad cars stop right in front of the club and one of the cops walks over to us to ask us about it.

"My friend literally dragged me here so I don't really know much. But now I don't have a ride." I complain and try to explain without sounding like a snitch.

"Me too, but instead it was my boyfriend and they dipped when they heard y'all. We just looking for a ride." She chuckles honestly but keeping the information I know she knows a secret.

"I'll see if my partner can take you two home, thanks for the info." The cop replies before walking back to the squad car and asking his partner to take us home real quick.

They pull up to my address and stop to let me out. I mean at least it was a free ride home but lowkey scary. Nobody wants to ride home in a police squad car after your ex boyfriend dips on you during what was supposed to be a shoot out turned into fist fight.

"Thanks." I say before hopping out of the back of the squad and sighing with relief my parents aren't home yet for their late night date.

I quickly unlock the front door to see my brother and Leah cuddling on the couch watching a movie. He looks at me confused because he didn't realize I was gone

Then rushing upstairs to shower so my parents suspect nothing. And Hopefully I'm in the clear, at least my parents don't have life 360.

AUTHORS NOTES
Early update because we hit 10k, don't expect early updates when school starts up again. But this chapter kind of sucks because I don't like how dark it got but NEWAYS

VOTE AND COMMENT.