21

CHAPTER 21
NARRATIVE

I felt my pre homecoming nerves starting at it was barely almost 3:30. We'd be eating dinner/taking pictures from 4 to 6:30, two and a half hours just Incase pictures take longer then expected and slow eaters. You could never be to sure.

I felt extra pretty, I decided to straighten my hair and do like those two side braid pulled back things and it worked out. I rarely straighten my hair, besides for occasions because I like my natural waves.

"Bitchhhh!" Alexia screams as we FaceTime, she had a nice amount of makeup on and it didn't hurt that it matched her navy dress.

"So I'm assuming you're picking up kairi because he ain't drive yet?" I question with a chuckle as you hear her car keys jingle in her hand while leaving her house.

"He better be looking cute or we breaking up." Alexia jokes trying to figure out where to put her phone in the car while we FaceTime.

"Hey I think Mattia just pulled up so I think it's best if we just talk at the restaurant." I state with a shrug and peak out the living-room window once more.

The call ends with our goodbyes right before the doorbell rings where Mattia is on the other side.

Jeremiah and his girl, what's her name from a few weeks ago were also going to homecoming. I kind of felt bad that Semaj wasn't going, but he insisted that he just didn't want to go and no other reasons.

"You look amazing." I state kind of dragging out the g while examining Mattia's fit which was all black, we both couldn't help but smile. 

"And you look so good, I'm pretty much at a loss for words." He chuckles looking at me, and I try my best not to blush but it's not easy for me.

"Wait!" My mom yells rushing over to us with her camera and my dad following her. Jeremiah snickering at us as he watched tv, he hadn't even started getting ready yet because him and his date were eating after homecoming.

We get our photos taken for a few minutes before we are finally allowed to head out.

"The gang should've gotten a limo or something, that's my dream homecoming." I state with a small giggle as we got into his car.

"We really about to look the hottest in the group pictures, I mean you out here looking like it's an award show or some." Mattia jokes but I know he probably actually meant it.

———

Mattia and I arrive a little late but Vic and Ale still weren't here either so it wasn't the biggest issue. Cold air blew on us as it is almost winter, most of us bundle in blankets that we'd leave in our cars for the night because the blanket isn't our dresses.

"Mattia can you pictures of me? To be honest I don't just want group pics. I need variety." I shrug with a small chuckle, while he nods a yes.

Handing him my phone and go to pose, I get some good ones alone before Alexia starts photobombing. After that Alexia and I had our mini photo shoot.

"My turn." Mattia hollers handing the phone to Alexia who can't say no now.

Finishing up with all the photos we head into the diner to eat, we didn't have to wait in line because we had set up a reservation before hand. People glared at us as we got seated before them.