18

Since their visit to Soyeon's mother the girls has been in and out of the hotel and back to the desginated port that the search and rescue team were telling them to go.

They didn't realize 2 days had passed, most of the bodies were already retrieved and handed out to the families, except for Soyeon's.

It was a cloudy evening when the girls waited patiently as the search and rescue team retrieved even more bodybags, the longer they waited the less bodybags they see.

Sohi was furious when the team didn't bother to answer her questions nor does the team even care about her sister still missing.

Miyeon couldn't help but notice Soojin was really pale recently, especially when they had to go in the tents to identify. The elder didn't know that Soojin was so squeamish since she didn't look so pale in the first days.

The evening was cold and it was getting hopeless for the 3 girls to even think Soyeon is alive now. The team decided to do one last search for the remaining bodies tomorrow.

And for every patrol they did, they come back without a single trace of Soyeon or did they even try to look for her?

The 3 girls were invited to the tent where they kept the bodybags there with the remaining families that are still waiting.

Before they entered the tent Miyeon pulled Soojin out of it, the younger's hand was freezing cold.
"Hey, you don't have to push yourself to do this. Look at you, you're so pale." Miyeon said, caressing the younger's hands.

She was freezing. Miyeon took off her jacket and started to make Soojin wear it. The younger couldn't do anything but smiled at her unnie before she decided to wait outside.

Miyeon followed Sohi into the tent where Sohi looked like she was looking at some phone she found on the pile of identity cards.

"Miyeon unnie, this is Soyeon unnie's phone." Sohi said, handing the phone to Miyeon's hand.

The elder quickly recognizes it even when it's covered in mud. She opened the phone case and grabbed the polaroid Soyeon  displayed on the back of her phone. It was them at their first date in the amusement park.

Since her phone drowned in the water, most of the ink from the polaroid is already gone or is going transparent any moment but she could make out her and Soyeon's face.

Miyeon smiled at it since it's been 3 days since she saw her girlfriend's face and it seemed like forever.

She quickly tried to turn it on without any hopes up, when suddenly the phone barely turned on revealing her home screen and a 2% of battery left. The elder quickly got to her messenger and clicked on her contact, of course her messages weren't recieved by the phone since it's submerged. Before she noticed a particular chat bubble.

•´¯'•. . .•´¯'•

20:45 PM

Miyeon
Soyeon? Are you there?

It's so quiet here, so lonely without you TvT

Soyeon
I think its falling

I love you

Before the phone's screen started to flicker before it turned off completely.

"She's still alive."

Thats all Miyeon could think about, her girlfriend is still alive. Soyeon is alive.

She quickly grabbed the nearest team member on his shoulders whilst pointing at Sohi.
"Her sister is alive. Her damn sister is still alive! You have to find her by tomoirrow please, it's been almost 3 days! Please you have to find her, she's.. all I have left.." Miyeon pleaded, tears were on the brink of falling soaking her cheeks.

The team member just let go of Miyeon's grip effortlessly and tried to calm her down.
"We'll do our best tomorrow. Please do understand if we can't find your friend we're very sorry. We've done everything we can."

And just left her like that, Miyeon tried to go after him again before Sohi prevented her from doing so.

"Unnie. Let's just take their word, I have hope Soyeon unnie is still alive. She's a survivor." Sohi said, comforting the elder.

"She is." Miyeon smiled,

Deep in her mind she knows Soyeon is always a fighter, she will fight until she gets what she wants and does fight if she needs to survive.

The two of them got out of the tent and decided to call it a night, Soojin and Sohi talked about something as they left the area leaving Miyeon in her thoughts.

The elder turned to the sea behind her and admired the view from afar, the night lights were very beautiful. And it always reminded Soyeon to her.

She smiled before leaving the port and joining in the cab as they left to their hotel.