26

15:04 PM

The door knocked. Soyeon stood up from her chair, waiting anxiously for someone to arrive at her doorstep.

She opened the door and examined the girl from head to toe, she was wearing comfortable dark clothes and topped it off with a hat and a mask over her face.
"I know you hate me, you don't need to look at my face." Jiyun said.

"So you already know about what happened?" Soyeon asked coldly.

Jiyun nodded her head as an answer before being signalled to come inside. Jiyun took off her sneakers before joining Soyeon to the living room before both of them sat on a couch that faced each other.

"So, you didn't really specify why I'm here." Jiyun awkwardly says. "What is it unnie?"

Soyeon took a deep breath before frowning and stared into Jiyun's eyes. "I was wondering where Miyeon went, since I guess you were her closest friend I thought you would know. Since all her other friends seems to have also no idea where she went." 

Jiyun tilted her head in confusion. Soyeon is her girlfriend for crying out loud. Didn't she know what happened?

"You don't know what happened..?" Jiyun asked

Soyeon put up a confused face before answering. "No. She just left the dorm like that without telling me anything. She won't even answer my calls nor texts."

"Wow.. unnie considering you were her girlfriend I thought you already knew."

***

Miyeon started to put on her thick layered coat when she was greeted with the cold freezing air. She stood near the exit door before being stopped by a man on the way. 

"Miyeon, where are you going?" It was her dad.

"What the fuck- dad leave me alone." Miyeon swore and tried to get herself out of her father's strong grip.

"You know, your mother and I have been missing you so much. And we thought we could finally agree if we could find you, you can come back to us. Come on Miyeon, it's time to turn your life around to the right path." Her dad started to persuade her.

Miyeon was obviously angered by this, she knows her dad is just trying to fish her out of this situation. When in reality he wants her gone, or worse. He's just using her mother as a backup proof.

"What's in it for me? I'm already living my life, I don't want to come back." Miyeon talked back. 

She was trying so hard, but her father got a good grip of her arm, she wasn't going anywhere.

"Uhm, excuse me can I have Jeon Soyeon's medical bills please?" A familiar voice echoed behind Miyeon's ears.

She turned back to see Sohi at the front counter, bringing an envelope full of money hoping that it would be enough to not cause another medical debt. They were already in debt with their mother's. Little did they know that whole envelope was half of Sohi's lifetime savings.

"Of course! Here you go." A nurse replied while she handed Sohi the bills.

Sohi took a brief look at it before her eyes went down to the total of the bills.

"1.5 million won?" Sohi's voice cracked as she tried to double check the total. "I thought the other nurse said it was only 500,000 won?!"