20

03:09 AM

Buzz Buzz!

Buzz! Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!

"Urgh.." Miyeon grunted as she stick her head out of the covers. She grabbed her phone half awake and answered. "Yobuseyo..?"

"Miyeon unnie, they found Soyeon."

Miyeon's half awake face instantly came to life.

"JINJJA?! Sohi where are you?" Miyeon asked.

"At the hospital my eomma is in, hurry up bring Soojin unnie too if you want!" Sohi answered through the phone, it seemed like she was really busy with something.

Miyeon poked Soojin who was sleeping peacefully beside her until Miyeon poked her, it was easy waking up Soojin because she can easily wake up from the littlest things except her alarm.

"What is it..?" She asked, stretching her body in the covers still trying to sleep.

"They found Soyeon." Miyeon answered firmly and started to change to her outerwear.

Soojin yawned before he half awake brain started to process Miyeon's words.

"SOYEON?! They found her?!" Soojin's face was instantly wide awake and she also started to change with Miyeon before the two of them grabbed an umbrella and started to run toward the hospital since it was nearby.

***

They made it in the hospital and Soojin instantly saw Sohi who was waiting in the lobby and on her phone, she guessed that the girl was waiting for the 2 of them.

"Sohi!" Soojin called, Sohi responded and instantly went to the 2 girls while Miyeon was packing the umbrella.

"Hurry this way." Sohi said, grabbing Soojin and Miyeon's hands and started to run.

"Whoa Sohi, wait- wait- is she--" Miyeon's words was cut off when they entered a room where the blonde girl was sleeping in. "Alive?"

"Yes, she's alive.. Thank God.." Sohi wiped off a tear and started to hold her sister's hand. "She's the only one alive, and with only a broken leg." Sohi explained. "And a scar on her chest, the team said it was probably a suicide attempt."

"Suicide attempt?" Miyeon and Soojin asked in unison.

"Yes, when the storm hits the team heard  an agonizing scream in the distance and found her laying already unconscious on the ground." Sohi explained. "..I'm just glad they're able to pull her out of that island, I'm so happy she's here."

Miyeon stepped forward and walked closer to the bed where she could hold her girlfriend's hand. It's cold and rough now. 

"Hey Sohi, want to  buy some snacks? Come on I'll treat you." Soojin said, Sohi's face instantly lighted up.

"Really? Miyeon unnie is it okay if I leave Soyeon unnie with you for a bit? Not gonna  lie I am starving." Sohi asked Miyeon.

Miyeon was startled by the request since she thought Sohi was very protective of her sister, until Soojin gave her a wink when she knew the signal. Miyeon nodded and smiled in response.

Sohi and Soojin quickly got out of the room and went toward the cafe to get some snacks and fill their starving stomachs in the middle of the night.

Miyeon turned toward her girlfriend when the door was now closed. most of her body was covered with bruises and the elder could barely see well stitched scar beneath the hospital gown she was wearing. A heavy cast was covering most of her left leg and she was sleeping. 

She grabbed a nearby stool and sat on it beside Soyeon's bed as she rested her head onto her girlfriend's arms. She cried whilst still holding her hand tightly, not showing any signs of her letting go.

She almost lost her, and she wasn't going to make the same mistake again. It was already a miracle for Soyeon to be found in the last minute. And she was already grateful. Though that one thing kept bothering Miyeon.

'Why did she attempted suicide? She's the strongest person I've ever met..' 

'Why did you tried to kill yourself Soyeon? I'll miss you so much if you're gone. Was it because of the pressure? Can I hug you right now? Do you want to go back to our dorm and just spend the day cuddling and telling ourselves stories? Stargaze in the night? Bring you back to the first cafe we've met at..'

The elder's mind was filled with so much thought that she drifted into sleep almost instantly beside in Soyeon's embrace. 

*** 

Soojin and Sohi came back into the room bringing a bunch of snacks before they noticed the 2 girls were already sleeping comfortably.

"She must've been tired." Sohi said as she grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around Miyeon.

"Yes, she must've been.." Soojin answered.

"Come on unnie, we can share a bed in eomma's room if you want to sleep." Sohi suggested before Soojin shook her head.

"I have to go to the toilet first, you go on ahead." Soojin said and left Sohi to the toilet.

She walked in a quite fast pace since the bathroom was quite far. On the way, she bumped into a man who was walking the opposite side of her. And she didn't realize but she hit the man till he fell to the floor.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" Soojin said and reached out her hand to help the fallen man.

"Ah I'm fine. Thank you for asking.."

Soojin's eyes widen as she saw the man's face. His hairstyle, his eyes. No it can't be. Soojin thought she already lost contact with him when she graduated from high school. It just can't be him.

"HUI?!"