28

'Ya, have you read some of the books I gave you?' 

"Yes I have, all of them were great."

'Really? What stood out the most to you?'

"The last book you gave to me, what was it again? Ugh, I forgot the title."

'The last book I gave you?'

"Yes. Sorry I'm such a bad girlfriend."

'It's okay! You don't have to remember the title. What made it stood out the most to you?'

"Hmm, the fact that they didn't get together in the end? Love is beautiful and horrifying at the same time you know. Even though they parted their ways they still tried to make it work. But sometimes stuff just happens and you couldn't fix what you have done."

'Oooh, nice words Soyeon.'

"Thanks, Miyeon."

'I miss this, let's just stay like this forever. Promise me you'll do that?'

"I wish I can say the same. We suffer together, we laugh together, we need each other in the end of the day"

'I love it when we cuddle like this it's really helps me with my stress'

"Same here, I wouldn't want to let you go, ever."

'Promise me?'

"I promise." 

***

She stared through the empty window at her own room, it was raining hard today and she wasn't in the mood to get out of her room. She hid the bruises she had owned all the time and tried to get herself together mentally so many times. But she just couldn't. The rain was pouring harder by the time until she noticed some cars arrived at her front door.

A young man and supposedly his parents got out of the car before being assisted to enter the house. She felt nervous when the man arrived. She was still traumatized with her past lover. She made an effort to cleanse herself before meeting the man.

Wearing appropriate outfits, and gussied up. After all it's for the best. Or is it? She hated putting herself into situations like this, suffering for one's happiness is just not her cup of tea. But for Soyeon, she will do anything to keep her happy. She checked her bag again to ensure she has all the stuff she needs to bring to stay at her future groom's house.

At the moment she was done. Her mother's voice echoed throughout the house, the girl took a deep breath before opening her door and going downstairs to present herself. She examined the young boy thoroughly, he was good looking yes, with his well upright body posture, and also his short but curly hair made it much better. 

The boy did the exact thing, he scanned the girl from head to toe. She wasn't as bad he as he thought. Maybe even better than the other girls his parents have paired him with, the others were just plain gold diggers. But he has a feeling this time it could be different.

"Nice to meet you." He said.

The girl only stood in silence as she looked away from her future groom. Which made the boy a bit annoyed. 'Ah fuck it, I think it's just gonna be the same' he thought as he saw her selfishness.