ᴏɴᴇ.

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙊𝙣𝙚
"The Auditions."

"Sweetheart, I'm taking Lou to daycare now. I'm doing a double shift tonight so I won't be home until late. There's some leftover pasta in the fridge for dinner if you guys want it. And can you make sure Lou is in bed by eight." My mom said.

"Okay. See you tomorrow, have a good night." I replied.

After she left, I finished getting ready for school and grabbed my house keys and slipped my backpack on. I picked up my skateboard and put my helmet on, then left the house, locking the door behind me.

Today's the first day of Junior year and it really doesn't feel any different apart from the fact that I only have one year left of high school before I go off to college. It doesn't quite feel real, but at the same time I'm ready for what's to come.

At least I think I'm ready.

I plugged my earphones into my phone and hit shuffle, then made my way to school.

When I arrived, I got off my skateboard and unclipped my helmet, making my way through the busy halls of East High to my locker.

"Hey Sammy wammy."

I chuckled as I faced my best friend Paige. "Hey Paigey wagey."

"Have you heard the news?"

I shook my head in response.

"We have a new drama teacher. Her name is Miss Jen."

I raised my eyebrows. "Really?"

"Mhmm."

"Interesting."

"Maybe now you'll have a chance to actually star in a production instead of hiding in the wings."

"Paige..."

Here we go again...

"What? You always put so much effort into helping make each production work, but you never give yourself a chance to be in them. I know how talented you are, Sam."

"You're forgetting one thing." I said.

"What's that?"