Tᴡᴇɴᴛʏ Tᴡᴏ:

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙏𝙬𝙤:
"Opening Night."

The next few weeks leading up to opening night of our musical went by quicker than I'd anticipated. I still hadn't spoken to Ricky, and ignored him during rehearsal unless it was absolutely necessary for me to speak to him. I ignored Nini too, and pretty much everyone except for Natalie, Carlos and Ashlyn. I didn't really speak to Big Red much either, but he seemed content on giving me space which I appreciated.

I know he knew what happened between Ricky and I, and I was grateful he didn't ask.

I'd been spending most of my time with Paige, or with my family like old times and I have to say, it felt good. I'd finally started to feel better and was excited for opening night. My parents and Louisa are coming to watch, so is Paige. Even though I'm not in the show, they're still excited to see what we've created.

Miss Jen managed to score the gym for our show, because the El Rey was just a disaster, and at first I was surprised considering Principle Guiterrez's attempts to shut our drama department down - but I'm happy things worked out.

"Are you excited for tonight?!" Paige squealed. I had to pull my phone away from my ear for a second.

"Yeah. I can't believe it's finally here." I beamed, as I walked up the front path of East High.

"Do you guys have a rehearsal?"

"No. Everyone's got the afternoon off to relax and prepare." I said, pushing the front doors open. "I'm just getting here early to make sure everything is in place, you know."

"Sammy, you always worry too much. Everything is going to be perfect."

"Yeah, but I always do this, you know that. I don't mind getting here early."

Paige sighed. "Well, I'll let you go then. I need to start getting ready anyways."

"Okay. You know my parents are picking you up tonight?" I reminded her.

"Yeah, god bless them. My parents are going out on a date night." She chuckled.

I smiled. "I'm sure they're gonna enjoy themselves. I'll see you soon then."

"Yeah, see you soon."

I hung up and slid my phone back in my pocket, then opened the door to the gymnasium. I froze however when I saw Ricky and Miss Jen standing there.