Sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ:

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣:
"The Tech Rehearsal."

The first day of school after break came quicker than I expected. I was a little disappointed, seeing as I was thoroughly enjoying having no homework to do, but anyways.

I hadn't stopped thinking about Thanksgiving at all. Even when I tried, I couldn't. My kiss with Ricky wasn't even a proper kiss - it was just a cheek kiss, but I couldn't get it out of my mind. We talked almost every day of break, and although neither of us brought up the kiss, there was something different in the way we talked. A good different.

I didn't want to get my hopes up but maybe there really is something between us.

The only thing that stopped me from thinking about Ricky, was my family situation. I talked to my mom the day after Thanksgiving and honestly, it felt good to let things off my chest. I assume it was the same for her too, because we both ended up in tears, laughing at ourselves for being ugly criers, and then we watched movies all night with Lou, until we all fell asleep.

But anyways, we talked and agreed that we would try and work things out with Dad. It took me a lot more convincing than it did Louisa, but I never expected anything less. She's five for heaven's sake, she has no idea what's going on.

At least she acts like it anyways.

So that's that. My dad is coming back to live with us. I'll admit I'm nervous for this change, but I have to at least try and get used to it. If I don't, well, I don't know what'll happen.

It's not going to be easy, but family never is.

I managed to write another song over the break too, and I feel like it's the best one I've written so far. I don't think I'll end up showing anyone though. I called it 'Out of the Old'; it's quite personal and I'm okay if no one hears it.

I got dressed and made my way downstairs into the kitchen. Ricky told me he'd meet me at my house before school and we'd ride together so he should be here any minute.

"Morning." I greeted my family cheerfully.

"Morning." Dad said.

"Morning Sammy." Mom smiled, placing a kiss on my cheek.

My mind wandered back to my cheek kiss with Ricky and I smiled.

"Why are you so chirpy this morning?" She asked.

"Oh no reason. Just excited to see my friends again." I said, stealing a slice of Mom's toast and taking a bite. She eyed me suspiciously.

"What?" I asked.