Tᴡᴇɴᴛʏ:

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮:
"The Tech Rehearsal."

I took a seat on the steps when we got out into the foyer and fished out my phone. I dialled Paige's number and waited for her to pick up.

"Hey, how's rehearsal going at the El Rey?" She asked.

"Terrible. The lighting system is older than my grandma, and sandbags and ladders keep falling down so often I'm starting to fear for my own life." I said.

"Oh god...is the theatre really that bad?"

"It's a nightmare. Miss Jen is really off too, and none of us know why. Can't say I blame her though."

"So I take it we can't hang out after rehearsal?" Paige asked, slight disappointment in her tone.

I sighed. "I'm sorry. I don't know what time we'll be finishing, we've still got so much work to do."

"It's okay, Sammy. We can just hang out tomorrow."

"Yeah I know, but I still feel bad for not hanging out with you as much."

"Sam." Paige pressed. "It's fine."

"Okay."

"How's Ricky?" She asked, changing the subject.

"I haven't actually seen him much this afternoon. He's off with Nini running lines somewhere." I replied.

"Uh oh, is that jealousy I hear in your tone?"

"What? No, of course not."

"Liar."

"Am not."

"Sammy, you're my best friend. I know when you're lying, and I know when you're jealous, and right now, you're both."

I sighed. "I'm not jealous, Paige."

"You're allowed to be though. That girl's tryna steal your man back." Paige said.

I laughed. "He's not my man!"

"But you want him to be..." She teased.

"I'm hanging up on you now..."

"Wait no! I'm sorry, I'll stop." Paige said quickly. "I was just teasing."

"I know that and-"

"Hey Sammy!" Big Red called out, cutting me off. I looked up and saw him running over to me.

"I gotta go Paigey, talk to you later." 

"Okay, bye!"

I hung up and Big Red asked, "Do you want some pizza? We're gonna order some."

"Oh sure." I said.

"Pepperoni and soy cheese okay?"

I nodded. He smiled. "Great. Can you go and see if Ricky and Nini want some too?"

"Sure."

I sighed and stood up, made my way down the steps and wandered off to find wherever Ricky and Nini were, eventually stumbling across a door backstage and opened it up.

"Hey guys, Big Red wants to know if you want pizza–"

I froze.

Ricky and Nini were sitting at the piano, their faces inches from each other, looking like they were about to kiss. But when they saw me they jumped out of their seat and stood far apart.

I looked between them and chuckled bitterly.

I should've known.

As tears pricked my eyes, I turned on my heel and stormed off.

"Wait, Sam!" Ricky yelled after me but I ignored him.

"Sammy, where are you going?" Carlos asked as I slung my bag over my shoulder and picked up my skateboard. The others turned their attention to us, and I saw Big Red frowning at me.

"I'm not feeling well." I replied curtly. Before he, or anyone else had a chance I pushed the door open and walked out. I heard Ricky's footsteps behind me but I continued ignoring him.

"Sammy, stop, please! It's not what it looked like!" He said, grabbing hold of my arm. I turned around and yanked it out of his grip.

"Oh, so you weren't about to kiss her?" I asked.

"Well yes-no-I don't know!" Ricky stuttered. "We just got caught up in the moment, I swear."

"I really thought there was something between us, Ricky. But all this time you've just been using me to make Nini jealous."

"You know that's not true!"

"And here I was thinking that you actually liked me. Especially after Thanksgiving, but you don't. You never did..." I said, my voice quivering.

"I do like you Sammy..." He protested softly, his own eyes becoming glassy.

He has no right to get upset.

Tears slipped from my eyes and I wiped them away with my sleeve. "Save it, Ricky. I don't care anymore."

"Sam-"

"Just leave me alone."

I put on my helmet and left without another word. Once I'd skated far enough away from the El Rey theatre, I stopped skating and leaned against a tree. I unclipped my helmet and breathed in; my chest felt heavy and my eyes stung, my palms were sweaty and my stomach dropped. But I held it in.

I didn't want to cry over a boy.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called the first person I could think of. After a few rings, they answered.

"Hello?"

"Dad, it's me. Can you pick me up?"

✰✰✰

Dis really do be a short ass chapter lol I'm sorry but I couldn't end it on anything else but a cliffhanger

Anywhoooo sorry for not updating in a bit, I kinda just forgot to and I haven't been writing as much lately. But here u are & there's plenty more drama to come ;))