Fᴏᴜʀ:

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧:
"The Read Through."

"Okay people let's take it from three counts of eight, before Troy and Gabriella's entrance and the bows." Carlos instructed.

The background dancers began the choreography, before Nini and Ricky started their's. When it was their turn, Ricky was struggling majorly. I felt bad for him, and after what happened yesterday between us - I know he still isn't used to all this theatre stuff.

At least he's trying, even if it's only because of Nini.

The music stopped and Nini had a complete look of shock on her face.

"What is he doing?" She asked Carlos.

"Why are you asking him? I'm right here." Ricky asked her.

"Cause you're not, here...at least not for the right reasons."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Exactly what I said Ricky, you hate musicals...you're only doing this so we'd be in each others grills." Nini exclaimed frustratedly.

"Back to the dance, please." Carlos interrupted.

"Now you're rubbing some weird cologne on your neck."

"Hey, you love Throb." Ricky said indignantly.

"And wasting everybody's time by making fun of something that the rest of us take seriously!" Nini yelled.

Carlos yelled for everyone to get out and take a break. I began to pack up my stuff slowly, while still listening to their argument.

We don't really have time for this but they're gonna do it anyway so...

"I take this seriously."

"No! No, you don't. You don't take anything seriously. You just, coast and when someone asked you to make a commitment, you make a joke or you sink into some imaginary hole in the floor." Nini exclaimed.

"I didn't sink, Nini. I just wasn't ready to say it then." Ricky defended. "But I went to that audition to show you..."

"Only because I had met someone else! You wanted to drag me back into tenth grade like my summer had never happened. But if you really cared about me Ricky, you'd let somebody who wants to play this part play it."

"Like EJ?"

"Can we at least try the dip?" Carlos asked. Neither of the two replied, ignoring him. "What just happened? Why aren't we dipping?"

"Mission accomplished! A precious piece of the original HSM is on it's way." Miss Jen said cheerfully, entering the room. Ricky grabbed his bag and stormed out of the room. "Where are you going Troy?" Miss Jen asked him.