Sɪx:

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙎𝙞𝙭:
"Wonderstudies."

After rehearsal finished, I grabbed my skateboard and helmet out of my locker and met up with Paige out the front of school. We were going back to her's for a movie night and to say I was happy was an understatement...I was ecstatic. It feels like forever since we hung out and I missed my best friend so much.

"Hey you." Paige greeted as I approached her.

"Hey. Ready to go?"

"Yep. I'm so excited for our movie night!"

"Same. It feels like it's been forever since we last hung out."

"I know, you're either in rehearsal all the time or at the skatepark."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be, I know how busy the theatre is." She chuckled.

I heard a car door slam and looked around to find the source of the noise. I spotted Ashlyn storming away from what looked like EJ's car and then I remembered what I overheard in rehearsal between him and Gina.

She stole Nini's phone to give to EJ and that is definitely not okay.

"What's wrong?" Paige asked, looking in the same direction.

"Nothing. It's just something I overheard EJ and Gina talking about in rehearsal. I think he has Nini's phone, but I don't know why."

"What a douche."

"Yeah, I feel like I should go over there and take it back, or at least tell Nini, but I don't want to get involved."

"Look, as much as I like drama and gossip, I much prefer observing rather than actually getting involved. So let's just go and pretend we didn't see anything."

As much as I hated it, Paige was right. This was Nini's problem, not mine.

"Yeah, let's go." I nodded. We walked to her car and I forced my thoughts about the situation to the back of my head.

I didn't have time to worry about someone else's issues, I need to focus all my attention on the musical, and the musical only.

✰✰✰

The next day, the background dancers were practising the choreography for the 'Stick To The Status Quo' sequence and I watched in awe as Gina danced her section flawlessly. Part of me wished I was up there with them.

The music finished and Miss Jen told everyone to hold as Nini walked into the room.

I didn't even realise she wasn't here.