Tᴡᴇɴᴛʏ Fᴏᴜʀ:

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧:
"Opening Night."

The finale of Act One was now in progress, and things were still going well. It's almost time for Ricky's 'Getcha Head In The Game' number, and I was excited to see it.

The music began and the audience cheered.

"You gotta getcha, getcha head in the game." Ricky sang.

"We gotta get-a, get-a, get-a, get ahead in the game." The others continued.

I found myself dancing and moving around a little crazily, but I still made sure I was out of sight.

"Let's make sure that we get the rebound, cause when we get it then the crowd will go wild...a second chance, gotta grab it and go...maybe this time we'll hit the right note..." Ricky continued singing. "Wait a minute, not the time or place...wait a minute get my head in the game, wait a minute, wait a minute..."

All was going well, and the harness was due to come down any second; Ricky's gonna be lifted into the air for the big finale and I'm supposed to pull the rope to get him up. I gotta say I'm freaking out a little.

At first, I thought the idea was absurd and there was no need for that, but then I got used to Miss Jen's wild ideas and just went along with it.

I found myself chewing on one of my fingernails in anticipation, as the pulley came down with the basketball attached to it; EJ and one of the other dancers hooked Ricky up and then EJ pointed to me. I stopped my chewing and pulled down on the rope, lifting Ricky into the air and there was a mix of murmurs, 'ooh's' and 'ahh's' from the audience.

"Why am I feeling so wrong? My head's in the game but my heart's in the song. She makes this feel so right...should I go for it?" Ricky sang.

Then there was silence.

The basketball fell out of Ricky's hand and bounced loudly against the ground. I frowned in confusion, still holding tightly onto the rope, and looked around to see what was happening.

"I-I gotta shake this, yikes!" Ricky stammered after a moment.

The music resumed and I pulled the rope upwards to bring him back down to the ground.

Just as the number was finishing, Ricky was walking off stage looking distraught. I watched from my side of the stage as he talked to Carlos, Seb and Kourtney.