Tʜʀᴇᴇ:

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚:
"The Read Through."

Today's the day of the first read through in rehearsal and I had a feeling it was going to be an interesting one.

I followed my peers into the bomb shelter and my eyes widened in amazement. It was set up to look like a drama room. There was a beautiful grand piano off to the side, and there were seats in a circle with name tags on them. My seat was next to Miss Jen's with the tag 'Stage Manager' on it.

I sat down and got the script out of my bag, before playing a couple of games on my phone. Across the room, I saw EJ switching over his name tag with Ricky's.

"You can't do that." I said.

He looked at me, then to Ashlyn, his cousin, who gave him a knowing look and he put the tags back in the right spots before sitting down.

"Could everyone take their assigned seats please?"

Having Paige here would make this a lot more fun for me but anyways.

"Who is Natalie Badgley and why do I care if her glands are swelling." I overheard Miss Jen ask Carlos.

"Our stage manager, guess she's not coming."

I sighed.

As much as I like to help run the shows by myself, it's always good to have a helping hand and Natalie is a good stage manager. But if I have to do it on my own, I will.

"Ginger, can you read?" Miss Jen asked Big Red.

Or not.

"Uh, not really."

"Well you're reading now. Just the stage directions." She told him. "Sit next to your co-stage manager Sammy over there please, thank you."

The remaining cast took their seats and I smiled at Big Red who looked extremely confused.

"Don't worry, it's really easy." I whispered to him.

"Everyone switch off your phones please." Miss Jen instructed. "I realise, that you all walked in here as strangers."

"Actually EJ's my cousin." Ashlyn spoke up.

"But after today," Miss Jen ignored her and continued. "You're a family. One tribe, committed to lifting this classic film to new heights."

"Please take your neighbours hands." She said, holding onto mine.

I held Big Red's awkwardly, and everyone else did the same. Miss Jen instructed Ricky and EJ to hold hands, even though the two boys were reluctant.