Fᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ:

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣:
"Thanksgiving."

"Now who'd have ever thought that, we'd both be here tonight..."

"And the world looks so much brighter, with you by my side!"

As Ricky and Nini sang their duet, I was finding it hard to focus on just them, while the background dancers were running around in circles with props, doing all kinds of outrageous dance moves and holding big signs up in the air. I know Miss Jen likes big dance numbers, but this duet is supposed to be just Troy and Gabriella, meeting for the first time, and singing together.

Simple, but effective.

Today was the last rehearsal before Thanksgiving break and to say I was excited was an understatement. I love Thanksgiving and every year I get to help mom cook dinner. It was more fun with my dad around, but Mom still makes each year special.

The bell finally rang and EJ jumped up excitedly. "Yes! Yes! Whoo!"

We all stared at him blankly.

"Sorry I really love Thanksgiving." He explained. I chuckled, shaking my head and slung my bag over my shoulder. I walked over to where Seb and Gina were at the piano to say my goodbyes.

"Okay, hold on!" Miss Jen said. "I know everyone is excited for the holiday break, but I'm me and I have notes." She chuckled.

"Ricky and Nini, that was good. But it could be better. She said in the spirit of holiday cheer."

"Good save..." Carlos muttered.

"I thought we sounded okay." Ricky said, and then broke into a short conversation with Nini - which I opted out of listening in to.

"Your homework over this break, all of you, is to please go on vocal rest. And go over your lines too, which is hard to do on vocal rest, but make it work." Miss Jen instructed. "And remember, may nothing ever block your doorway to happiness."

Hm, wise words.

"Excuse me!"

My head whipped around to see Mr Mazzara walking into the room.

"Okay starting now..." Miss Jen muttered.

"Oh don't mind me, I just came to return a missing item." He said.

"Ashlyn. Cannot have our robotics team co-captain going home without her binder over break." He handed her binder to her and Ashlyn walked off.

I sighed and walked up to Ricky. "Hey, good job today." I said.

He smiled at me. "Thanks, Sammy."

"You excited for break?"

"A little. But since my mom left, Thanksgiving is gonna feel really weird."