Fɪᴠᴇ:

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙞𝙫𝙚:
"The Read Through"

The next day I was in the library, on a mission to borrow something new to read, when I overheard two familiar voices belonging to Ricky and Carlos. I stopped in the middle of the isle and peeked through one of the holes between the shelves to check out what they were doing.

"I want to show you something." Ricky told Carlos. "Okay, check it out."

I moved a little further down the isle, in the same direction Ricky went and he started to dance. At first, I was confused as to what he was doing, but then I realised that he was doing Carlos's choreography for the musical. I don't know what changed his mind, but I'm glad he's started making the effort.

"Wow, you've been practicing." Carlos grinned. "I thought you quit."

"Not doing that anymore." Ricky said, still dancing. I chuckled softly at how awkwardly cute he looked.

Did I just say that? Or...think it?

"Still not sure on this last part..."

I saw Nini walk past me and I pretended to be looking for a book. She didn't notice me and kept walking. I focused my attention back on Ricky.

"You're doing spirit fingers. I want jazz hands. Here, try it again. Five, six, seven, eight..."

Ricky did the choreography once more and finished with jazz hands this time. Carlos had the biggest smile on his face.

That makes two of us.

"Ricky...that's it!" Carlos smiled and Ricky breathed a sigh of relief.

I smiled and continued on with my search of a new book.

✰✰✰

After leaving the library, I decided to go into the theatre again to practice on the piano for a bit.

I opened the door to the theatre and walked inside, taking in the peace and quiet. As I made my way over to the stage, I heard the piano and my curiosity grew. I walked behind the curtain and saw Ashlyn playing.

She jumped when she saw me and stuttered a few hi's.

"Hi. Sorry, I didn't realise anyone would be here." I apologised.

"I can be gone in like seven seconds, six if I don't zip my bag!" Ashlyn replied quickly.

"No! No, it's okay!" I said with a small smile. "What were you playing?"

"Oh...it's um...Miss Jen asked me to compose a song for my character. It's probably way too much but...I'm playing Miss Darbus."

"I know. I'm the stage manager. Well, co-stage manager, so I have to know these kinds of things." I chuckled.