Tᴡᴇɴᴛʏ Eɪɢʜᴛ: bonus!

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙀𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩:
"Birthday Girl."

It's almost been two months since East High's first (and I'm gonna assume our last) production of 'High School Musical' finished. The following week after the show, we all definitely had the usual post-show blues and our lives returned to normal. Christmas came and went, so did New Years and then the semester resumed.

It's also almost been two months since Ricky told me he loved me. I still replay that whole night in my head and I can never fight the smile that finds it's way onto my face. I have to pinch myself sometimes to remind myself that it's not actually a dream. We had our first official date a week after the show, and it was great. All we did was go see a movie but it was still fun. We hang out a lot after school and on weekends too, and of course I still hang out with Paige and my other friends, but I hang out with Ricky more. Paige teases me about being a love sick puppy all the time and I don't even bother denying it.

We spent as much time with each other as we could over Christmas and New Years break, and Ashlyn threw a New Years Eve party at her house so we went to that with Big Red. It was a great party, and I got my New Years kiss at midnight, which was even better.

During the holidays, Ricky started teaching me guitar, which I got the hang of pretty fast. I'm not as good a player as he is, but I think I'm good enough at it. I suggested a while ago that we should write a song together, which he agreed with, but we still haven't got around to it. I haven't brought up the subject, since school resumed and everyone's been busy preparing for exams. And because of this, I haven't really hung out with him, or any of my friends as much.

My sister often complains that Ricky doesn't come over anymore and I had to explain to a five year old how high school works. I don't think she listened because for the past week, she's still been complaining.

It's quite annoying really. She keeps pestering me about when she can see Ricky again, so I've nicknamed her 'boyfriend hogger'. But I'm keeping that to myself. Ricky would never let me live it down if he knew I was jealous of my five year old sister.

My birthday is this Saturday, and during lunch a few days ago Ricky asked me what I wanted. I still haven't answered his question because I don't know. Birthdays aren't really my thing. I really only like them for the cake my mom makes ever year.

It's always the same one. Rainbow layers with chocolate frosting and sprinkles. It tastes so good, I usually eat the entire thing myself.

Anyway, I told my mom I didn't want a big party or anything. I'm only turning 17, so it's not like it's a significant birthday. I decided I just wanted to do something with my family, Paige, and Ricky - like go out for dinner or something. Mom agreed, so we decided we'd go to this fancy Chinese restaurant downtown.