Chapter 4

(edited)

Conlan's P.O.V

My head is leaning against the walls that separate me from Amanda. The second I brought her to the nurses' office, the lady told me I had to wait outside. A person can only imagine my fury when I found out they took her to the hospital without consulting me first.

"How dare they take my m..."

"I know," I growled, cutting him off.

"It's disrespectful to their future al..."

"I know, but we have to remember not everyone is like us,"I heard him growl in response, but knew I was right.

"Why did she faint Doctor Russo?" I heard one of the nurses wonder.

"It seems she is deprived of something. Food, or sleep maybe. Whatever it is, she needs to be hooked up to a couple IV's, stat," Doctor Russo replied. I watched the door open by Doctor Russo, who was still asking the nurse questions.

"He's like us. I can sense it," He said.

"Good, then he has to let us do whatever we want," I smirked.

"Also, did you contact the patient's parent or guardian?"

"Yes, but so far after 4 calls, they still haven't answered," That's strange. Maybe he's just at work.

"I have a feeling that's not the case,"

"What should we do then?"

"Investigate, duh," He said matter-of-factly.

Before the Doctor could walk away to a different patient, I caught his arm and pulled him aside. He recognized my authority instantly and bowed his head down in respect.

"Hello, future al..." He cut himself off before he could say more. Mr. Russo knows we can't say things like that in a public place for fear of being caught and experimented on. "...sir. How may I help you?"

"I'm going to patient Amanda's house to inform her father of her injuries," I stated, giving him no room to object. He knew there was no way to stop me, so he just nodded his head and turned around to go help his next patient.

~~~

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

"Whatever you're selling I don't....oh...it's you," He grumbled quietly, thinking I couldn't hear him before brightening up his fake face. "It's you!" He said again, enthusiastically this time. "How are you doing boy?"

"I'm okay sir," I smiled up at him. "I'm actually here to inform you about your daughter," his eyebrows furrowed in confusion, so I continued. "It seems that she was in some type of fight. She has several bruises all over her body and a few broken bones,"

"Did she say who did it," He quickly asked. The way he was talking, it almost seemed like he was nervous.

"Why did he say 'say'? He knows she can't talk!"

"I don't know..."

"No, actually I was going to ask you that," His features immediately smoothed out, and relaxed. Weird.

"Nope, no idea at all. Though this hasn't been the first time she's gotten on someone's nerves. Probably some kid at school getting justice,"

"JUSTICE!?"