Chapter 15

(edited)

Amanda's P.O.V

"Hey," someone quickly whispered in my ear. "Hey," they said a little louder.

My hand flew to their face pushing to try and find the off button.

"Sweety, if there was some sort of off button on me, everyone who's ever met me would have found it already," she quietly laughed. "Come on. Get up," I shook my head. My arm lazily grabbed my board.

5 more minutes

"Haha, you wish," before I knew what she was doing, my back was no longer touching the comfort of a bed and I was being carried. Yes, you read right. Carried.

When I was finally put down, the room was bright and I was faced with Mable and Aimee holding a hair brush and dryer like they were weapons of defense. Oh no. Not good.

"Now don't get us wrong. You're a very pretty girl..." pretty? Me? I think they're referring to a different girl. Yea, a different girl who's invisible in this room. That makes more sense. "Don't give us that look you are," different girl. "Anyways. We're just going to assist you in some...accents in your beauty,"

that sounds painful

They gave a look between each other that said "how should we lie to her". That was my cue to make a run for it. My feet hit the ground and I attempted to bound out there before getting caught. Keyword "attempted". They stopped me faster than you could say "gotcha".

"Not so fast missy! You're not getting away from your beautification that easily," Aimee said laughing at my pathetic attempt at escape. What the heck is a beautification?  Well, I was soon to find out.

~~~

After an hour of primping, fluffing, perfecting, and yes...waxing. They doused me in makeup and fit me in a tight black knee length dress with lace on the neck and the bottom of it that's supposed to show off my "figure".

what figure

"No," Mable scolded. "Do not start with this again. You're freaking beautiful okay! Aimee and I both wish we had your body!" I rolled my eyes.

can i look in the mirror now

"One more second," Mable said while brushing some poundery stuff on my nose. "Now," she sign, satisfied with the result.

My chair was spun around and what I saw in my reflection was...not me. I mean it was me, obviously, but it just didn't seem like my...I don't know. I was prettier, but there was something wrong.

I didn't want to say anything because the girls worked so hard on my appearance. I felt like it would be rude to say something so I just stayed quiet. I put on a rehearsed smile and went downstairs to go to my date.

Aimee handed me a pair or high heel shoes that looked impossible to walk in and a white coat for the cold weather. The outfit was absolutely gorgeous...for someone else. I guess if this is the type of thing Conlan would like, I mine as well try it, right?

It took me nearly a half an hour to walk down the billions of flights of stairs in these heels and was close to falling then breaking every bone in my body several times. But I made it!

My eyes met his and the whole world disappeared around us. Just kidding! The second I got to the main floor I tripped and nearly fell flat on my face. Smooth, real smooth. Thankfully Conlan had crazy quick reflexes and got to me before I could make any contact with the ground.