Chapter 28

(unedited)

Amanda's P.O.V

"She was always there. Always. Whether you wanted her to be or not. No matter what, you've made it so I'll never forget you Mable. I love you so much," I say, finishing up my eulogy. It was so hard to write, but she deserved words from the heart.

"Thank you Amanda. Such beautiful words," the wolf pastur complimented. "Now, the brother of the deceased," no one clapped. This was no time for clapping. Mable is gone, and so was our happiness.

I was so proud of Conlan for doing this. I could tell as he walked over to her casket, how hard this was for him.

"When we were little we would always chase each other around the backyard and drive our parents nuts. I remember this one time where you snuck up behind me and dumped a bucket of freezing water on me. Everybody who knows me knows I hate cold water, but there's nothing I wouldn't give to go back to that day and relive it with her," Conlan look upwards and it seemed like we weren't even there to him anymore. "With you. You we're the best sister any guy could ask for. Yes, you were annoying at times, but there was never a day where I wouldn't say 'I love you' or jump in front of a silver bullet for you. I love you. I miss you. Mable, if you're listening, know that I will never forget you,"

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Mable's P.O.V

"I love you. I miss you. Mable, if you're listening, know that I will never forget you," where am I?

I watch as Conlan finishes his little speech for me and go over to Amanda. The second they start hugging, a tear falls down his cheek. The Conlan I know never cries. What's going on?

"Thank you for your words Conlan. Does anybody else have something to say before we lower her into the ground?" lower who to the ground? Behind the priest was a picture. It was me.

Is this a funeral? But I'm not dead, right? Sure enough, I saw a wood casket.

My feet led me so I was standing just above it looking down. Looking down at myself. I shook my head. No. No. This has to be so,e kind of joke. Yea. Conlan always took it too far with his jokes. I doubt they can keep a straight face for long.

I ran up to Conlan and started waving my hands and body around in a silly fashion. He didn't even seem fazed.

"Ha ha," I tried laughing, but this seriously wasn't funny anymore. "Guys. I'm here. Can't you all see me?" My voice strained slightly. Can't they see they're taking this too far?

I go to shake Conlan's arms so he would pay attention and I walked through his body. What the heck? What is happeneing?

"You're dead," I hear a distant voice tell me. I turn around and there I see a woman with a golden glow and pink wings behind her back. All of her features are to perfect; absolutly flawless.

"Who are you?" I find myself asking.

"The Moon Goddess," I immediatly now my head in respect. The sound of laughing reaches my ears. "You don't need to do any of that, and just call me Selene,"

"Of course Moo- I mean Selene," I can't believe it. I'm actually talking to the moon goddess. Then I realized what she just told me.

"Wait, I'm dead?"