Suprise!

I wanted to reward you all for getting me 10K views (now nearly 12K) on this story. At first I thought I could do a scene from the upcoming sequel "Beaten, Bruised and Kissed", but that would give away too much for this story, so I'm going to be giving you a scene from another story that I'll be working on after Beaten, Bruised and Kissed", which is called "Forgotten". I hope you all enjoy. Oh, and just so you guys know, unlike this series, the name meanings don't have anything to do with the characters. Enjoy!

*ding* the elevator rang in my ears, signaling that it was opening for me to walk in. I am so late. God I hope I don't get fired.

The second I was in safely, I pressed the highest level in the building and waited for the old machine to jump start to life. Unfortunately before I could get to my floor, someone screamed out to me to hold the door. Of course, I was to polite to just ignore the strangers plea and waited for them to catch up before preparing the move upwards.

The man who walked in was the very definition of gorgeous. With a chiseled chin, soft dirty blonde hair and deep sea blue eyes, I could barely keep my eyes off of him, and I wasn't the only one. The second he saw me, instantly, a smile grew on his perfectly tanned face.

"How are you Ami?" how does this stranger know my name, and my nickname no less. I don't remember telling him. I only allow my closest friends to call me that. Everyone else just calls me Amelia. Is he psychic or something?

"I'm sorry, who are you?" I asked as politely as I could, but it made no difference as to making it seem like I just stabbed him in the heart a million times over with only my words.

"You don't remember me?" I shook my head. I know that I've never met this man before in my life because I would remember a face like his.

"Am I supposed to?"

"Well yea," he chuckled, but I could still see how upset he was with what I was saying from the emotions in his eyes. "We were kind of married for 5 years," wait, what? Married!

"That's impossible, because I've never had a boyfriend in my 26 years on this earth, let alone gotten married," I was so shock at his accusation. He must be off his marbles! "I think you need to go to the doctor and get this..." I pointed to his skull. "...checked out. You might have hit your head or something, because I have never met you before in my life,"

*ding* this was my stop. I didn't look back when I waved goodbye to this mentally challenged stranger. I knew that I would be hypnotized by his caring eyes and temptingly soft skin that was covered in muscles. I don't need to be having a crush on someone who belongs in a psych ward.

"It was...uh....nice...meeting you...um," then I realized that I never got this man's name.

"James,"

"Right. James. It was a...uh...nice making your acquaintance James," I didn't say that I hoped to see him around, because I honestly didn't, as rude as that sounds. I like my sane friends. Hopefully this handsome stranger gets the help he needs.

That was it! I hope you guys enjoyed and please leave a comment on what you think of the story and if I should continue. I'm working on figuring out a cover right now so if any of you have any ideas, I would love to hear them. Have a good break! Bye!