Chapter 7

(edited)

Amanda's P.O.V

Conlan began to lean in towards me, closer and closer. Then suddenly there was a knock on the door, and it was being opened by a teacher. Probably the one whose classroom we're in right now.

"Horny teenagers," I heard him mutter under his breath. "Get out of my room," The teacher calmly commanded, proving my earlier suspicions. Conlan grabbed my hand and we walked outside just when the bell went off.

Was he going to kiss me? Why? Why would he want to kiss me?No. No. I was probably just imagining it. He looked down at me with a smirk. His eyes held something; something I couldn't quite decipher. Or was it real, and he was about to kiss me. Would I want him to kiss me? I'm so confused.

My body was still humming from the sparks that were shooting through my veins when I was sitting on his lap. It scared me because...I actually loved being so close to him. The feeling was foreign, but I wanted it to never stop. You barely know this guy. That isn't even possible.

Before I could further analyze the situation, we arrived at our first-period class. Without letting go of my hand, Conlan turned the metal knob to open the door to our class.

Once we were inside the room, I tried to snatch my hand back, but he kept his tight grip and smiled down at me from his 6' figure to my 5' 2" short height.

"Please take your seats, Miss. Smith and Mr. Richardson," The teacher flatly said.

Hand in hand, he led us to the back of the room where there were two empty seats. Sitting directly in front of me was a beautiful girl who wore a disgusted look on her face when her dull green eyes landed on me. I had never seen her before, so she must have been absent the day before.

Her eyes moved to Conlan and immediately her lips curved upwards into an alluring smile. Her manicured fingers flicked her shiny, straight blonde hair backward.

"Hey, baby. What are you doing after school?" She flirtatiously questioned. "...maybe we can meet up and..." she paused with laughter. "...have some fun,"

Conlan's gaze was anywhere but on her and he began to focus on our entwined hands, playing with my index finger. This didn't go unnoticed by the girl in front of me. She shifted her eyes and sent me an ice cold glare. I may be clueless at times, but I knew, in girl terms, this meant "back off of my man".

With some effort, I slid my hand out of his and cupped them on my lap, while pointing my head down in submission. If I had known Conlan was taken, I wouldn't have held his hand. Wait, why does it matter? It was just innocent hand holding. It meant nothing, right? The electricity running through my veins was just my imagination, right?

Although I wasn't looking, I knew she likes that I gave so easily.

She reached over and danced her fingers on top of his hand with a seductive smirk playing on her lips. He recoiled from her touch like it burned him, which, for some odd, made a light laugh escape my lips.

"What's so funny, bǐtch?" she whispered low enough so the teacher couldn't hear. I stayed silent and made no sign of a reaction. "I asked you a question," she stated with venom in her voice.

"Leave her alone, Mara. She's mute; you know that" Conlan said, standing up for me. Why would he do that? Maybe he considers us friends. Friends stand up for each other, so that makes sense.

"It's just a simple question baby. All she has to do it answer me," she replied with a shrug before glaring at me once more. "So I will ask again, you stupid bǐtch, what is so fǔcking hilarious?"