Chapter 20

(unedited)

Recap:

"What's going on?" I asked. By now he had led me to the front door. Conlan reached for the knob, but before he walked outside he turned to face me.

"I guess you were going to find out sooner or later."

With that, he ran outside and transformed into a giant monster. The last thing I saw was Conlan's pleading blue eyes before everything went black.

Conlan's P.O.V

"We're a terrible boyfriend, you know that right?"

"Oh shut up," I was getting more agitated by Ryan's nagging each minute.

"Just leave her passed out on the ground huh? Is that what we're going to do with everytime a problem comes up? Just leave her passed out on the ground with no one to help her?"

"Oh don't be such a drama queen. There were people there to help her,"

"Who?"

"The doctor and his nurses," I stated confidently.

"But neither of those choices include us,"

"Well right now we are busy fighting off rogues so she doesn't get mercilessly eaten alive,"

Silence.

"That's what I thought,"

Fight after fight. Win after win. I just couldn't stop worrying about Amanda. Will she accept me? Does she think I'm some sort of a freak?

"Well werewolves aren't exactly normal..."

"Not helping,"

In the human world, if someone ever discovered our secret who wasn't supposed to, we would all be sent to science labs to be taken apart and experimented on. That's why we don't show the world we exsist even though we would be able to kill if need be.

Someone might wonder why are you fighting now? Why are you killing rogues who you don't even know their stories, now? Well we're not exactly killing per say. Since we used to have warlocks in our pack, we've picked up some non magical tricks from them and if we are angled correctly, while pressing the right nerve we can put any rogue that fights back to sleep.

The sleep will last up to 3 hours and by then we will have them in a cell until further questioning. Most of the time they only fight back because they're scared and are so used to needing to fight for their life that it becomes an instinct. That just brings up the scary question of how far would I go to keep me and my loved ones safe? Murder?

It's terrifying really. I've never killed anyone before and I don't plan on it happeneing any time soon, but you never know. I was prepared to kill Amanda's step father only days ago and I still am. If I ever see that ba*tard again, I know I will. Should I be scared of what I'm capable of? Should Amanda? This is why I hate my brain sometimes. It makes me think things like this.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, my pack and I put all 29 rogues into a brief hibernation. Most people had a wolf on their back as we made our way to the mansion. I made sure I didn't so I could run faster to make sure my sweet Amanda was okay. She's probably going to be very confused and scared when she wakes up. I hope she isn't scared of me.

Amanda's P.O.V

This is becoming way to frequent. This time around waking up in the familiar white heaven padded room, a headache accompanied it. Probably because I hit my head when I passed out. I rubbed my temples in an attempt to subside the pain-a habit that did absolutly nothing in helping me but brought me satisfaction in the effort of trying.