Chapter 8

(edited)

Conlan's P.O.V

I stared at Amanda with confusion in my eyes. I thought her bed was upstairs. I know she's not going to answer my question, but it just seems weird to have a bedroom and not sleep in it.

I noticed she was looking everywhere but me, which made me even more curious. Suddenly her eyes landed on mine and they held an accusative glare to them. Her finger raised and pointed at me then Amanda's hands cocked onto her hips. Now it was my turn to avoid her questioning gaze.

"Uh..." I paused as I tried to remember the excuse I had for basically breaking into her house. I pulled the #2 pencil out of my back pocket and held it up like it was a trophy.

"I forgot my pencil and I value my...pencil's?" the last part came out more like a question than a statement. She didn't seem convinced.

Amanda's arms were now crossed with her eyebrows raised. Almost like she was saying 'oh really?' with her eyes.

"Uh," I paused. What else did Dakota do? He...smooth talked her! There's only one problem with that though...I don't know how.

What do people say when doing said "smooth talking"? Uh...pick up lines! Yes! Perfect!

I raised my right-hand flat, making it look like I was searching for something in the room. She was giving me a confused/curious look that basically asks 'what are you doing?'.

"Where are your wings?" I dramatically paused. "...cause you must be my angel sent from heaven," I smirked, expecting her to swoon, thinking it was that easy. I was unfortunately mistaken.

Let's try again. "Are you lost?" Another questioning gaze. "Because heaven is a long way from here."

Nothing. No response. If anything, she was laughing at me in her brain. Okay, new approach.

I purposefully fall on the ground with my hands out. She quickly moved to help me up; I grabbed her hand with a smirk plastered on my face.

"See?" I asked while standing up. "You already got me falling for you," we were now only inches away from each other.

I was staring at her enchanting gold eyes and she was doing the same with me. My gaze, momentarily, down to her pink flesh. She bit her lip and I nearly growled in approval and arousal.

"I can't handle this anymore! Just kiss her already!" My wolf growled at me.

I was slowly leaning down to connect our lips when suddenly there was the sound of wood creaking from upstairs that echoed throughout the hallways.

Her eyes popped out of their socket in worry and...fear? I noticed the general panic in her body language.

"What's wrong?"

Amanda's finger went to her lip, silently asking me to stop talking.

"What's wrong?" I pressed.

This time she grabbed my hand and quickly dragged me into the basement. This, I didn't mind as I enjoyed the sensation of her touch. The little things she did send tingles through my body.

I wasn't paying attention to anything but the angel before me. I was mesmerized by the beauty she held in everything she did.

Before I knew it, my hand was being pulled down for me to sit on the floor with her.

The creaking noise was getting louder and louder until it seemed the person was standing directly above us. Amanda's breath hitched and I could see tears forming in her eyes. Silent wet streams fell down her face, while Amanda's body was lightly shaking.