|| T W E N T Y - T H R E E ||

Really, isn't this too much author?!

I've got two kids with me, wailing their asses out then I am met with the heroine's pitiful face as she gazes longingly at my cold-faced husband. This is just like some melodrama in real life.

"Princess Liliana? Do you need something?" I ask nicely and she just teared up like crazy.

"Um... I want to... want to t-thank Alec for... for helping m-me" she stuttered with a shy blush on her face.

I bet with all my soul that any man who hears these words and sees her lovely face would just take her home and fell in love with her.

I nudge at my husband's elbow as he narrowed his gaze towards the blushing princess. Well of course the naive princess thought that he was angry at her and begin to act.

"I'm sorry Alec! I just wanted to thank you! I do not mean to intrude on your moment with your.... w-wife. Can... can you f-forgive me?" Her large doe eyes stared at him pitifully, like she was scared because of me. 

This woman! She keeps repeating her words of gratitude and is implicitly saying that I am intruding on their moment!

And did she just said 'Alec' for the second time?!

Since my husband won't say anything, I'll say something.

"Your highness, it may be impolite to say this matter with you but this is for the best. First, we must go now because our children need their sleep, second, you must have learned some manners in your land therefore you must know the rules of the nobility, do you understand? Greetings and saying proper titles are a must and let's add to the fact that you just stated a man's name in front of his wife nonetheless, that is impolite, to say the least, don't you think so your highness?"

Her face was just in shock and then it reddens from shame, then she bowed to us and then run off to god nowhere.

My head was boiling in anger and I just couldn't help but sneer at her poor attempt to flirt. The twins are already looking too sleepy in Alec's arms so I motioned for him to go inside the carriage.

Alec must have seen me in a bad mood today because he didn't talk and just become silent all over the ride. Thank goodness he had a brain.

We settled into the estate and let the maids clean the twins' bodies. I'm just too tired, mentally and physically so I stayed inside the bathroom to relax.

I remember being asleep inside the tub when a warm embrace took me and wrap me into a warm cocoon.

...

Before I knew it, the sun was up and I see myself sleeping on our bed. Stretching myself up, I looked left and right and saw none of my husband's shadow.

Hmm... must be the maids who helped me up.

I got downstairs after I finished my necessities and took the children to eat some breakfast. But before I could eat mine, I noticed that the kids were looking and saying words like papa behind me, so the only logical thing I did was to look behind me and bam!

It was my husband.

"Alec!" I unintentionally shout as my eyes grew larger. I shouldn't have shouted like that!

I didn't think that he would still be here. Before, he would always leave in the morning and will come back in the afternoon so I don't bother getting new plates for him, but now, I should have gotten some.

"Would you like to eat breakfast with us?" I ask as I give out my fakest smile.

He didn't say anything and just sat down while I order the kitchen staff to give me some new portion. We eat in silence and was only accompanied by the clinking sounds of our utensils and the babbling words from the twins.

"Mama.. Mama.. I pwetyy... There" Fuyu started a conversation and I answered her playfully.

"Oh yes, our Fuyu is just the prettiest" I cooed at her adorable face as she grinned at me and talked again.

"Mama pwetty! I pwetty!" Haru exclaimed in his seat as I giggle at him.

"Is our Haru pretty too? Oh, you are your adorable munchkin!" I said and kissed their smeared cheeks.

The three of us were smiling when I felt an uncomfortable gaze on my side. Looking beside me, I saw my husband with his usual steel cold eyes looking at me. I felt uncomfortable but I tried to smile at him and talk with the kids again.

After finishing our nerve-racking breakfast, I wiped Fuyu's face first as Alec wiped Haru. Before I could say anything to lessen the tense atmosphere, Alec beat me to it.

"Do you want to go out with me?"

And that time, I almost choked on my spit.

***
Yes I know, it's a bit boring but l promise you'll get a lot of fluff in the next chapter!

Anyways, Happy 8k reads! I hope you like this chapter!

Please do VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.

Thank you!