|| F O U R T Y- O N E ||

Happy 3k votes!!! Thank you everyone!!

...

Well shoot.

I was frozen stiff as he stood and do nothing like me. It was a fierce battle of not blinking and I won.

"You, did you he-"

"Oh my goodness! Why are you here your highness?! Omo!" I immediately grip my cloak tightly while I shout for my husband to hear.

As I expected, Alec was already behind me. I think he acts like a ninja sometimes, he's too discreet when he walks. His arms were on my shoulder as he look at my figure left to right.

"Dizzy" I muttered unintentionally as he stopped and looked at the crown prince.

"Greetings to your highness" Alec said, his tone respectful but the look in his eyes says a different matter.

"Oh, no need to be formal, I'm just uh- doing visitations!" The he awkwardly laugh as I smirked in my head.

Visitations?! At this time of the day! What time is it! It's already 3 in the morning!

Thought he was a cunning fox but when face with a leopard, he immediately hides his fangs and act like a freaking fool.

"Sorry to frighten you my dear~ I was missing you too much I forgot you got future to serve" I act coquettishly as I leaned on his embrace and flutter my eyes like crazy.

"Oh then, I'll be going! Well-uh...see you at the palace, yeah!" He rushed off with his tails tucked while I snickered internally.

I was suddenly lifted up in the air and I could only hold in Alec's neck. He was breathing lightly as he held me up like I'm just a sack of potatoes. I didn't ask anything and just close my eyes and lean on his chest.

He set me down on our bed and cover me with a thick blanket before laying beside me. His want embrace lulled me into sleep and before I can go to dreamland, I hear him saying:

"I'll explain it to you...after everything is settled"

I just replied in a low hum and went off to sleep.

...

I went to the orphanage with Luci and Racquelyn, I figured that since we have escaped safely from the past incident, we should help other less fortunate people.

"Do you think that kids would...like me?" Luci ask in a hesitant voice.

"Of course they would! You just need to smile!" Racquelyn added and smile to us, now she looks like a princess smiling at us.

Luci imitated Racquelyn and broke a smile, well I thought her fiance broke up with her.

Her smile is too stiff, it feels like she's forcing herself to smile and I could only shake my head.

"I think it's better to not smile, yeah?" Racquelyn agreed with the 'I second the motion'.

We head out and meet with Mrs. Frieda, the caretaker of the orphanage. Today, I already scheduled a meeting and didn't go uninvited like before.

The kids were waiting for us with big smiles on their faces. My heart warms immediately after seeing them grinning towards us. I introduced them to their new friend, Luci and Racquelyn.

The day had gone smooth and I could say that it was pretty exhausting at first but it was worth every moment. Just seeing their pure smile directed to us filled my heart with warmth.

I'm the last one to go inside the carriage when a teenage girl went inside a suspicious black carriage. Seeing the logo of a black rose ,it was a bit familiar with me. Before I could look further into it, I was ushered by my friends to go inside the carriage before it starts to rain.

"Luci, do you know who have a black rose crest in the nobles?"

"It's the Albourne family, you know? It's that witch"

That's when I realized where I saw it from afar back in the hunting grounds. But why would the Albourne family take a young teenage girl?

Wait.

I think I remember Mrs. Frieda saying that a new teen was adopted from a rich merchant's family. My thoughts divert towards the piece of blood written letter on the girl's hand from before and towards the crown prince.

Now it seems a bit too suspicious, or am I just thinking too much again?

***
Sorry for the late update, my friends came and it's been a few months since we'd talk so I figured that I am in dire need of communicating with them.

Anyways, thank you for the vites and the reads people! You're the best!

Please do VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.

Thank you!