5

Neha huffs and puffs, stops every now and then to tug, haul and drag something ridiculously heavy – Aadi. He's still out cold and soiled in sweat, vomit and grime.

She drags him far away from his own muck. She's grossed. Angry. Upset. He reeks of everything on his body and a cocktail of alcohol.

LIVING ROOM - MOMENTS LATER

Aadi is sprawled on the floor, shirtless. Neha wipes him down.

AND MOMENTS LATER

... She pulls a clean t-shirt over his head.

AND MOMENTS LATER

The floors are sparking clean. Not a spot of dirt. Neha finishes cleaning up the last bit of grime off the floor and straightens up slowly. Her sore back cracks and pops and she moans. With a sigh of relief, she wipes her sweaty brow.

PREM'S ROOM – AT THE SAME TIME

Prem and Simar are tucked into a comfy bed, fast asleep. Suddenly –

BWAAAAARRRGHHHHHHH!!!

Startled, Simar's eyes pop open. She quickly sits up and looks around, wondering what she just heard. Prem is still asleep.

BWAAAAARRRRGHHHHHH!!!!

It's coming from downstairs. And the sound is very familiar.

LIVING ROOM

Neha stands horrified at the sight before her:

Aadi, limp and out cold. Beside him, a fresh pile of vomit. He shudders, gags and rolls onto the puke.

BWAAARRRRGHHHHHH!!!! ~ Moans ~ BWAAAARRRRGHHHH!!!! ARRGRHHWWARRRRGGH!

BATHROOM – MOMENTS LATER

Aadi is in nothing but his briefs. Somehow, Neha had managed to strip him and get him under the shower.

SPLAT! A mug of water smacks across his face.

NEHA: (growls) Get up!

He heaves and moans, struggles to open his eyes as if heavily drugged.

NEHA: GET UP!!!!

FIZZZTTTT!!! Water blasts out of the shower head and drenches him. He shakes his head, groans.

NEHA: I said GET UP!!!

SPLAT!!! She wallops another mug of water onto his face.

NEHA: GET UPPPPP!!!

She grabs him by shoulders, RATTLES HIM HARD!!!!

He only shakes his head in response, moans.

NEHA: (through clenched teeth, snarls) GET UP – GET UP – GET UP!!!

SPLAT-SPLAT-SPLAT! She thwacks him with more water.

NEHA: UPPP!!!

SPLAT!!!

NEHA: UPPPP!!!!!

SPLAT! SPLAT!

NEHA: (angry tears) Up! (SPLATS WATER) UP! (SPLATS AGAIN!) UP!!!!

LIVING ROOM – THE NEXT DAY

Aadi is dead asleep on the couch, knocked out like a drunkard. Magically, he's in a clean pair of track pants and shirt.

Across him, sits Dadi and Mausi looking sour.

Neha hobbles past them to the kitchen. Her eyes are heavy and tired. She has managed to sprain her back in all that weight-lifting feat, plus, she has been awake all night.