4

MADRAS CAFÉ

NEHA: (an excited laugh) My God! Can you believe that?

AADI: What?

NEHA: Him! You should have seen him a couple of years back. He was a bag of bones. His hair was horrible, his cheeks were sunken, and he looked like... (Thinks of the right description) ...Chucky!

AADI: Chucky? Who's Chucky?

NEHA: (in disbelief) Chucky!! Don't tell me you don't know who Chucky is!

AADI: (uninterested) No, I don't know who he is.

NEHA: He's a movie character.

AADI: Oh!!!

NEHA: Yep. A serial killer and his spirit possessed dolls.

AADI: Okay? I thought you hated horror films.

NEHA: Manageable with company.

AADI: With company. So how many have you watched... with company?

NEHA: Lots. Um... Evil Dead. The Howling. Sleepy Hollow. That's just some of them. They were like extra scary.

AADI: And you never told me about him?

NEHA: Who? Shan? (pauses for a moment) Um, I don't know, guess I never got the chance to. Rather, I had other things on mind. Didn't really think about him much.

AADI: (sighs) Oh, okay. I think we should move. Where to next? Your pick.

NEHA: Um, I don't know. Wherever you want to go.

AADI: Fine, shopping, then.

OUTSIDE MADRAS CAFÉ – MOMENTS LATER

Neha waits in the front seat, looking bored. Apparently, they never left.

The car's bonnet is up and Aadi has his head buried from view.

NEHA: What's wrong?

He finally looks up, shuts the bonnet.

AADI: Not sure... (He dials a number) I'm getting a mechanic.

LATER

Their car is towed away while they stand on and watch.

AADI: Great. Just great. We won't get it back until tomorrow.

NEHA: Tomorrow!!? What do we do then?

AADI: We walk.

STREETS – LATER

Their walk is blissful.

Aadi reaches out and holds her hand. He slows down every now and then so that she could catch up.

Neha's eyes are lit. They haven't done this like forever. Her wishes are that simple. Hold hands. A one-armed hug, and the desire to want her company.

On their way, they meet several fans and paparazzi's. Without much ado, their requests are entertained.

BAZAAR – LATER

They flit from store to store, browsing through, procuring whatever was irresistible.

A FIVE STAR HOTEL – EVENING

It's close to sunset.

They're greeted by a hospitable staff. They book a room.

HOTEL ROOM – MOMENTS LATER

They are ushered in. It's a warm and inviting spacious double room.

At the side of the entrance, is a large, white ceramic vase, intricately painted in beautiful designs.