6

LIVING ROOM – LATE EVENING

PITCH DARKNESS. Voices in the distance. It grows closer. Louder. Decipherable.

"Mehul---Aadi---Brawl---Drunk---Nose---Hospital---"

A SERIES OF IMAGES FLASH, connecting the broken words.

•     A platter of drinks, first full, then, empty.

•     A fist hitting Mehul in the face, a loud CRACK as his nose breaks.

•     A gurgling noise from Aadi's stomach, a sick feeling.

•     A recurring dream where Aadi runs into several 'OUT OF ORDER' signs. He finally finds a restroom, opens it to see boxes of food stacked around the toilet. 

... Aadi opens his eyes. His vision slowly comes into focus on –-

THE TV SCREEN

He lies still on the couch. His head is heavy, and his eyes struggle to stay open. His muscles are wobbly, and he aches all over. The visuals on the TV makes no sense. Nothing does.

The visuals are familiar. And so are the people. And then, it slowly comes to him. Everything from the party till the challenge.

ON THE TV SCREEN

A reporter rambles away. In the background, visuals of Aadi beating the shit out of Mehul and his cronies play in a loop.

With a start, he lifts his head off the couch only to be banged with a headache from hell.

AADI: (groans) Shit.

That's when he realizes that there are others in the living room – his brothers, Prem, Shailu and someone else who stomps out. They turn around.

SHAILU / SHAILENDRA (Aadi's older brother, Pari's husband)

PREM (Aadi's younger brother, Simar's husband)

SHAILU: Well, look who's up.

Prem goes over to him, gives a hand.

Aadi takes it, slowly sits up. His muscles scream in agony and he grits his teeth, winces, groans.