Desert

The fight against the resistance fighters had been going on for a few days. In the beginning the First Order had been carpet bombing the bland, dessert surface of the planet, eliminating large groups of the rebellious natives and collapsing tunnel entrances. The large net of caves and ravines beneath the stone dessert served as a great hideout, providing not only many ways to trap attacking enemies but also many places to hide.

Normally the First Order did not employ many medics. Stormtroopers, and even the mountain troopers which made up a great part of the army on Eks, were mostly expendable and anyone that got hit was anyway a failure. Right now it was different though, given there were many non combat units, including officers, engineers and various experts of different jobs present.

It was a race against time and either of the specialised teams had to be brought inside the planet to do their respective jobs. Your job was to make sure they survived, if they or their personal guard got wounded.

It was not easy but you loved it, no, you lived for it. Being on the battlefield, the blaster shots flying over your head, patching up wounds, cauterizing them and stopping the bleeding put you in some sort of meditative state.

It was similar to when you first learned how to shoot a gun, or to be precise a sniper rifle. The wait for the perfect moment and patching up people on the battlefield was very similar in that regard. The only things that existed for you then was either the target or the wound. Nothing else.

It was what you wanted out of working for the First Order, exactly how you envisioned it. Not many of your fellow graduates chose to work for them, percentage wise, not numbers wise. For you it had always been a dream, joining them, working for them and with them. You could not exactly tell why? Perhaps the black and white uniforms made you feel safe, given they had liberated your planet from raiders and ensured its protection, perhaps it was simply the power that came with being part of such a great, uniformed organisation. It did not matter why you had joined them, the only thing that mattered to you now was making sure you made them as glad you were part of their organisation as you were glad to be part of it.

Even though you were theoretically not a proper stormtrooper, given you had joined afterwards and had only received minimal combat training, you still wore their armour. It was mostly the same, apart from the blue shoulder pad and the writing on your back saying: "Medic", written in big black letters. You noticed the usually bright orange medical bag, which was now dusty and an unhealthy pale brown colour. Same for the rest of your armour, a thin layer of brown dust stuck to it, clumping together and hiding the blood underneath. It bothered you. Not because it was dirt per se, you did not mind the blood smeared over part of your uniform any more than the dust, but because it was a sign of how easy it was to contaminate wounds in this environment.

You scoffed slightly and barely managed to pull one of the unsuspecting officers with you behind some cover. Less than a millisecond later there was blaster fire where the man had just stood. You waited and shot back into the direction it was coming from, not really trying to hit anything, just wanting to ensure that you had long enough to pass the gap to catch up with the rest of the group.

Just in time as well, both of you were grabbed by stormtroopers and shoved behind some more cover while they eliminated whomever had been shooting at you.

"Follow us.", one of them said and the officer, two engineers and you continued your way through the tunnels.

It did not take you long until you had reached a bigger cave, it was secured by a bunch of mountain and stormtroopers and the team you entered with immediately went to work. You were not exactly sure what exactly they were doing, you knew that the rebels were hiding something valuable somewhere. Kyber crystals? You had heard something about that earlier, but you had also heard something about them wanting to train some force sensitives here. You weren't exactly sure, and it was not your place to ask either.