Medbay

Kylo was rested against the stone wall. He kept his head up but from how he nodded it to the sides you could easily see the pain it caused him. You grabbed his hand, removed the glove and took his pulse. Too high.

You cursed quietly and grabbed a knife from your medbag, you swiftly cut his clothes open, carefully avoiding any of the shrapnels stuck in him. His hand moved towards them and you quickly grabbed his wrist, stopping him from touching them.

"Don't remove them, Sir, they might be blocking arteries.", you held onto his wrist a tad longer making sure he had understood.

A deep groan came from under his helmet and you continued to cut away his clothing. There was one wound where there was no shard anymore. It was bleeding heavily. The colour was dark, indicating that it had not hit an artery. You looked up at the helmet, you could have stared at the wall next to it just as well, there was no difference in expression.

You grabbed some sterile bandages and pressed it on the wound, he did not make much of a sound the adrenaline was still heavily present in his system and most certainly keeping him from feeling the full extent of the pain.

"Please press onto this, Sir.", you said, grabbing his hand and pushing it onto his own wound before examining the rest of his body for further perhaps heavier bleeding wounds.

In the distance you could hear the familiar sound of a ship coming closer, it could be one of yours. It could also be the enemy and you did not want to give up your position if it was the latter.

You took your blaster and after a brief look outside you saw the familiar white armour of First Order Stormtroopers making their way towards you.

Kylo did not look great. You had a feeling that he would have looked less vulnerable and miserable without his helmet on, even though you did not know what he did look like below it.

You kneeled down next to him and pressed onto the wound again.

"You're gonna be fine, Sir. You're gonna be fine. Backup is coming.", you said quietly, more to yourself than to him. You looked at your own hands, now tainted red with his blood. If you would not be pressing them this tightly onto his wound right now they would most certainly tremble. You were not exactly sure why and took a few deep breaths to calm yourself down as much as you could.

Kylo moved his helmet slightly, as if he was looking at you, but it was hard to tell where exactly he was focusing. You tried to get back into your own trance, focusing on only the wound but you were unable to. It bothered you immensely that you could not get back to concentrating properly. It couldn't be the adrenaline, or could it? Going by logic you should have just as much adrenaline in your body when working on the battlefield. You pressed your jaw together in an attempt to focus again.

Before you could worry about it even further the approaching stormtroopers entered the cave. You heaved his body up a stretcher with the help of a soldier and together you made your way towards the ship.

"Out of the way!", You shouted towards everyone blocking the entrance. They quickly shuffled away, clearing the space. The medbay had already been cleared and the stormtroopers helped get your patient onto the bed. They left and you immediately stripped off the armour on yourself. It looked horrible. Part of it had been broken off, you did not even understand how it had happened. So much blood as well. And dirt. You kicked it into a corner and grabbed yourself some scrubs which you just threw over the tight black shirt and pants you wore underneath the armor usually. You disinfected your hands, put on a surgical mask and gloves and could finally help the poor bastard lying in front of you.

Your hands were still trembling and you clenched your fists for a moment in a desperate attempt to calm yourself down.

"Okay, okay, okay...this could be worse.", you mumbled while grabbing everything necessary for a blood transfusion. You held the blood bag up to show Kylo what you were about to do.