Doppelganger

After having to sit through the most boring and at the same time most stressing meeting in your entire life so far, you finally understood why Kylo dreaded council meetups so much. The topics were never interesting and everyone seemed to oppose everyone else. They had their own groups in which they mostly agreed with each other but not even that was consistent. It didn't help that you had to stand for the three hours it took. Unmoving with your hands behind your back. By the end you were certain that you would not need to work out anymore.

Kylo looked up to you a few times. Neither of you knew what the other's expression was but it wasn't hard to guess. Probably an exasperated look, annoyance...discomfort...any negative emotion you could feel. The other council members weren't any better though. It was a painful ordeal and none seemed to enjoy it much. Some, like Hux with Kylo, just had to disagree with each other no matter how senseless it seemed. Certain people thrive on conflict, and this was not a position anyone could get without stepping on many feet.

At first it was interesting to watch. Seeing so many powerful individuals in one room arguing with each other was a once in a lifetime thing. Buuut it got old very fast. In fact it got so boring that whenever one of them had finished a sentence you had already forgotten the beginning. Kylo was a man of action, he didn't like nonsensical talk about nothing and it showed. Given you had no strategic experience whatsoever you didn't want to judge either approach.

And then...it was over. Concluded. You had spaced out so much you hadn't even realized their horrendous talking had come to an end. What a relief! Your brain was still functioning!, You could finally move your limbs again! Kylo was about as relieved as you were and let out a long sigh after everyone had left. You patted his shoulder and he looked up to you, shaking his head.

"Every time. It's like this every time.", he grunted and bashed his head against the back of the chair.

"Don't do that! That does not help.", you complained and he let out a distorted chuckle, "If you have to bash a head against something do it with Hux's. There is not much that can break anyway."

He didn't say anything for a few seconds and you wanted to apologize for having stepped over a line when he chuckled again.
"You are right.", he stood up and mustered you, "I know you can not read my thoughts but sometimes it surely feels like it."

You felt your face becoming warmer. Masks were truly amazing. Atleast you could wear one more often now. Funnily enough it was not out of embarrassment but because he made you feel proud. You looked up to him like you had to noone else before. Trusted him more than your lost brothers. It was a truly special relationship and seeing that he felt the same way about it filled you with immense pride.

Both of you decided that it was best to get lunch. After discussing your first mission, Kylo got a bit more quiet. He didn't like you leaving, you knew as much. It was still necessary, after all you had to prove your worth and capabilities to the council. From what you had seen today, they already mistrusted him enough. There was no need to give them additional ammunition against him.

He also showed you your new official quarters. There was a door that led to his own chambers so you could keep sleeping over at his place, or quickly change from your Doc personality into Vornskr. The rooms were huge, but you couldn't care less, after all you wouldn't use them. You didn't even use your own small bedroom in his medbay. It did not bother you, on the contrary you wanted to continue sleeping over. He made you feel safe, protected you and woke you up whenever you had nightmares.

Shortly before Kylo had to leave you were introduced to your body double. It really was just a body double, your general shape and curves were the only things you two had in common. Apparently she was a stormtrooper, she did not know what your abilities were, just that she was supposed to be your doppelganger. She was friendly but distant, good. From what you could see she wouldn't ask any questions. Perfect. She was a bit stiff whenever Kylo was in the room, it amused you. You had been the same after all. Now you were far less comfortable whenever he was NOT around than when he was.