P37

The siren like sound of your alarm clock tore you out of your sleep. It took you a couple of seconds to realize where you were and recall the events of the last days.

Groaning quietly you got up from your bed in a painfully slow matter.

You changed into your medical gown, putting on a facemask and hairnet. It was better to hide your current state, as it was everything but nice to look at. Even like this it was not hard to see the exhaustion and tiredness still stuck to you. Those two and a half hours of sleep did not really help either.

No matter. You had an appointment in the prison wing after all. You had a feeling of what it might be about and prepared a portable medbag. Some part of you wondered whether or not wearing the stormtrooper's uniform would be better compared to the typical doctor's. It did not matter anyway given your current armour first had to be replaced. The state it was in was everything but acceptable.

You made your way through the hallways, only taking a short detour to give away your uniform and request a new one. They were rather lenient and did not ask many questions after seeing it.

The elevator made a faint ringing sound and the doors opened to the corridors to the prison wing. A part of you was a bit surprised that it looked just like any of the other corridors. Yes, there were far more guards present but other than that...pretty much the same.

Two stormtroopers went up to you, "MD-2442?"

"That's me."

One of them nodded and started walking further into the hallway, you followed them.

"We have a few people in need of your care. They are all prisoners, but we'll be here watching that they don't hurt you."

"Thank you. May I ask about the type of injuries they have sustained?"

"The usual, blaster shots, cuts and stuff. Anything normal that you'd get during battle."

"Are they from the recent mission?"

"Yes, they are, Ma'am."

You did not want to ask any further but you did not like that. Hux and Kylo had talked about the prisoners they took. Something about force sensitivity? You knew about the force, you knew what force sensitive meant and you did know about the dark and light side. However, you were not really sure WHAT they could do.

You'd seen Kylo, and you...also felt what he could do as he threw you around the room. That still did not mean that you understood every aspect, and you really did not like it. You preferred to know, so you'd be able to prepare.

But there was no way to change that now, was there? You just had to go with it. It was your job after all, even if taking care of injured prisoners was not something you'd usually do.

Had Hux or Kylo transferred you from ER to down here? If so...why exactly would they have done that? You'd liked your job, even if you did prefer to go into battle and serve as an active medic there.

They stopped and opened a door for you.

"He's in the worst condition as far as we know, he has a blaster wound on his leg."

"Thank you. I will still want to assess every prisoner myself. I'll also need additional security clearance to document their medical status."

"That should have already been taken care off."

You had a look at your data pad and swiped around a bit, searching for the right section. It was.

"That's lovely. Thank you."