Cold

Time is relative. The more time you spend in traveling space the slower you age. It was one of the perks of working with the First Order. What was even more relative is perception of time. A normal day in the ER went by relatively fast. It was stressful and you didn't really get many breaks so by the end you were usually too exhausted to do much.

Working on the battlefield went by even faster with breaks in between that seemed to go far, far too slow. It was its own special case. The combination of life threatening situations and whether if it was yours or someone else's perception of time just changed.

Working on the officer deck was actually rather relaxing compared to your usual jobs. You didn't exactly have many life threatening situations. Especially not to your own. You did have to do quite a few surgeries though but less rash decisions because someone was bleeding out, for example.

However because the Knights frequently stopped by work and interrupted whatever you were doing, it did get more stressful. Mainly because the other doctors were getting rather curious and constantly asked you questions.

Atleast you had gotten them to not interrupt any surgeries. It made the other doctors merely curious and not angry that you just stop halfway through to go do a bit of sport, how Dr. Escyle referred to it.

Rosie was horrible these days. She could not let the fact rest that you were the Knights personal medic. She didn't believe that this was the reason for all the training. She was right, but it was not like you could tell her that. She did understand your usual 'confidential' reply a bit better but huffed and puffed everytime you used it. So far you had also managed to avoid any actual deeper talk about the whole topic, but you weren't sure how long you could keep denying invitations to dinner. Dinner being mostly made out of dry cookies and whatever juice, milk or tea she could gather from one of the kitchens.

Then there was the whole Kylo ordeal. It had gotten a habit for both of you to eat dinner together in his adjacent conference room. You really enjoyed the time you spent with him. Not even because the food was so much better but because of him...something that surprised you quite much. You weren't really one for social occasions but you caught yourself looking forward to it each day.

He was so relaxed and while he still did not talk much, he listened. You didn't really tell him many of your stories either, it felt awkward to be the only one constantly talking. So dinner was mostly some pleasant silence and the occasional discussion about training or the force. Neither of you were open enough to talk about personal matters. You didn't mind. In fact you preferred it this way. Opening up to your boss of all people was just too unprofessional.

He wasn't a friend that you could complain to about all the bullshit you experienced he was...different. Much different. You trusted him more than any friend you had ever had and probably ever will have. But you trusted him with your life, not with listening to your personal problems.

You sat down opposite of him in the conference room and poured him some water while he got the meals. He placed them in front of you and started eating.

"How is the fight on Waih going?", you asked him.

"Could go worse. Could also go better. We've extracted a few prisoners, they should know more about other Resistance refuges."

"Will they be coming to the Finalizer?"

"Yes. They arrive tomorrow."

"Will I get them assigned again?"

He shook his head, "No. You have your post. I will need you though... Vicrul said that they aren't the easiest to crack."

"So far you have gotten into anyone's head. I'd be surprised to meet someone you can't get through."