Sidious

Kylo's POV

Could the Doc take on the Knights? Hopefully. After all she had managed to knock him out at one point. Apart from that, the Knights were relatively weak compared to him. While they were all skilled in combat neither of them could use the Force well.

She nodded and Kylo turned around, grabbing Rey's sleeve to run where Palpatine would be. It wasn't like either had much of a choice in this matter.

Kylo passed the gigantic tanks with Snoke swimming inside and finally entered the arena. The ranks were filled with followers of the Sith Eternal, he himself didn't know much about them. Their currently still quiet chants gave the whole place an eerie atmosphere.

"What a surprise.", Sidious' voice echoed off the walls and the machine pulled him higher up like an ugly puppet on strings, "So you have chosen to betray me."

Kylo didn't reply, he grabbed his lightsaber without igniting it yet. Rey followed his lead.

"My grandchild! Has come home!", he loudly proclaimed, opening his arms in a welcoming gesture, "I never wanted you dead. I wanted you here. Empress Palpatine."

Rey glanced over at Kylo.

"You will take the throne. It is your birthright to rule here. It is in your blood", he stretched his hand out, "Our...blood."

Kylo walked a few meters ahead, tightening the grip on his lightsaber.

"I haven't come to lead the Sith!", Rey shouted, "We will defeat them!"

"We?", Sidious asked and paused briefly before erupting into cold laughter, "Two failed Jedi want to defeat me?", he continued laughing, "The Jedi who trained you both almost killed Kylo because of a bad dream. He did not want to help you because he knew who you are. What...you are."

The chanting of the Sith eternal got louder.

"A Palpatine. MY granddaughter.", the crane moved his body slightly out of the way so the throne was more visible, "You belong here."

"NO!", Rey shouted.

"Strike me down. Take the throne, Rey.", he took a deep breath, "Your hatred. Your anger. You want to kill me. That is what I want.", he spoke louder and moved in front of the throne, "Kill me and my spirit will pass into you as all the Sith live in me! You will be empress. We. Will. Be. One!"

Rey glanced over at Kylo again. He shook his head. He could see Rey falter, unsure of what to do. If she'd kill Palpatine would she really have his spirit within her? She did not want to risk it. She was still more connected to the Light Side of the Force. He hoped that she had enough faith in him to actually go through with it and not...No. She didn't have any other option but to kill him now. What else would she do? Turn around and leave? Knock him unconscious? A permanent coma? There was no other way.

Rey nodded and they ignited their lightsabers simultaneously, storming ahead and towards him. He hoped she had heard what he had wanted to tell her telepathically.

Palpatine moved his body back, Sith guards appeared and started shooting. Kylo reflected one of the blasters and stopped another one midair so it wouldn't hit Rey. She sliced the guard to her right in half and had killed another one before his torso had fallen to the floor.

Kylo turned around, swinging his lightsaber at a guard who barely managed to jump back. As he blocked the next incoming strike he catapulted a stone into another one's chest. With a quick move forward he stabbed the guard and moved to his right to evade a few blaster shots.

Rey deflected more of the incoming shots and moved until she was back to back with Kylo. It didn't take them more than ten seconds to hit the remaining guards with their own fire or throw them so far up that they'd break their necks coming down.