Interrogation Room

Once again the blaring sound of your alarm clock woke you. Was there a way to make it more quiet? Perhaps a bit less...heart attack inducing? You sighed and stared at the ceiling for a moment. The events of yesterday rushed through your head and you instinctively covered your head with the pillow. You just wanted to scream into it.

You, YOU, a low life combat medic that was not even part of the First Order for longer than...what...was it a year? It did not matter. You had raised your voice at Kylo fucking Ren. The Supreme Leader of said organisation you had only briefly been part of so far. And it was not like it was a private security company. Oh no. On the contrary. A fuse must have snapped when you were hit by that shrapnel because whatever you had been doing these past hours was NOT what any sane person should have been doing. You scolded him. Twice! Once you had managed to calm him down but you still...you had STILL told him to be more careful. As if you were ordering him around!

"Stupid. Stupid. Stupid", you repeated, pressing the pillow harder onto your face. On the more positive side of things....he had accepted it. Somehow he had not reacted badly in any way. He could have had you fired for insubordination many times, or worse...killed. But no, instead he had tolerated you shouting at him. Had he noticed your genuine concern over his safety and health? He had after all sensed you thinking about duck shaped stones floating through space. Even that he had tolerated. You still did not know how much he could 'sense' and/or 'read' from your thoughts.

Sitting up carefully you grabbed your own medical supplies and started to take care of your wound. You were already late so the bare minimum of cleaning the drainage and rebandaging it had to do now. It was going to be fine. The constant pain kept you concentrated better, even if it overwhelmed you at times. So far you had managed to mask every single one of those times by taking some extra time with a stitch or searching for a specific bandage a bit longer. You were hard to take down, a stubborn person and certainly determined not to show any signs of weakness around anyone. Ever.

You got ready for the day and opened the door. Kylo Ren was already standing in front of it and both of you got equally startled at each other, even though you were the only one letting out a small shriek.

He stared down at you, in the same way he always did.

"You're awake."

"Yes, Sir.", you said and only a moment later your stomach growled loudly. You pressed your hand on it. Where was that comfortable face mask of yours that hid your emotional state and blushing so conveniently? Not on your face. Sadly, it was not on your face.

"When was the last time you ate?", he asked and stepped back.

"Uhhhh...", you looked at your data pad and the time, "it's 6:30 now...a bit more than 24 hours ago.", the amount of things that had happened recently almost seemed too much to fit into a mere 24 hours. Somehow they still had.

"Why haven't you?" he asked with the obliviosity that only a child could have.

"I had to work and I prioritized sleep over a walk to the cafeteria, Sir." you were still fine. When working in the ER or on the battlefield you only managed to get some energy bars and drinks in.

"Go eat. I'll expect you in P37 in 45 minutes." he put his helmet back on and gave you a small nod before leaving.

You did as he said and finally went to eat. The mush they served today had a slight red tint with an additional piece of frozen fish. Or you presumed it was fish. It tasted like it, but there were all sorts of weird creatures in the galaxy...which type this one was you did not know.

It was great! Perhaps only so because you had been starving but to you, in your current state...it was great!

One of the ER nurses sitting next to you watched you with a grin on her face.