Base

The quiet hissing sound from the doors opening woke you up. You hadn't really slept properly, getting up every so often to check on your patient, still quietly sleeping on his bed. You were not really sure if you had just gotten used to it, if it was because he was asleep or hurt that you could not feel his presence as much as when you had first met him.

The two men from before were still standing guard as General Hux entered the room. You quickly got up and patted the scrubs down you had slept in. Did you really forget to change after you checked on him last? You were certain you had gotten new ones BEFORE checking on him but after....you apparently just fell asleep in them. Gross. Atleast there was not any blood on them, or was there?

Even the face mask and hairnet were still relatively in place. Marvelous.

Atleast it was better than standing in front of the second in command in the black suit you worn under armour, right? You were not really sure about that...but it was not like you could change anything about it now.

"Sir.", you said and stood as straight as your wound allowed you to.

General Hux mustered you from top to bottom. He was most certainly wondering if he had encountered you before, you could even see the moment he realized that he in fact did. Perhaps he just had not really thought you were a woman. It did not matter.

"How is he?", Hux asked and walked over to Kylo.

"It's good for the situation he was in, Sir. He lost a lot of blood, but he is out of the worst."

Hux nodded and attempted to lift up the blanket to see the damage.

"Sir, please don't. Please let him sleep. He needs it.", your voice was firm but quickly lost it and got more quiet towards the end. General Hux's displeasure with you 'ordering' him around was more than clear. If it would have been anyone other than his superior lying there on the medbed...you did not even want to imagine.

"You don't look so much better yourself.", he said, his voice icecold.

"Then be glad half of my face is hidden.", you shot back, it was a far better option than replying with 'atleast I don't look like this 24/7', which you had only barely managed to swallow down.

He squinted his eyes slightly.

"We'll be landing soon, prepare him for moving."

A sigh escaped you as the doors closed behind him. You changed your scrubs again. Apart from those there was no other 'medical suited clothing'. No tunics, no different pants. It bothered you. You could not wait to get back to a proper equipped hospital setting where you would not have to sleep and work in sweaty, bloody, dusty and especially contaminated armour underwear.

You walked over towards Kylo and did what Hux had wanted to do: lift up his blanket. You did not do it for the sake of seeing the wounds though, well not just...after all you did have to clean up the drainage. With some careful and light pats you soaked up the liquid that had been draining out of them.

"You're gonna be well soon again, Sir. No worries. As long as the General does not decide to bother you any further.", you whispered quietly, mainly to yourself.

Kylo made an odd sound that sounded like a pained, distorted chuckle. Or breathing problems. You hoped it was the first.

He turned his head towards you and probably? He probably looked at you? It was hard to tell.

"I'm sorry, Sir, I did not know you were awake.", in fact you still did not know properly. He could just be dreaming.

"I am awake.", he said quietly, turning his head back upwards towards the ceiling.