Emergency Room

The all too familiar hectic of the emergency department greeted you. The last injured stormtroopers were arriving from the recent fight on Eks and you quickly made your way to where you assumed Rosie to be. You stuck your head into one of the rooms and searched for the familiar brown locks. There she was!

"I am here. As promised!"

She turned around towards you, already smiling over both ears. Her eye bags were an accurate measurement for her exhaustion and from what you, an expert on the topic, could tell she probably had not been getting more than 4 hours of sleep last night.

"2442! Oh man, I am so glad to see you.", you both left the room and she guided you towards the changing rooms, "I think...this...", she pulled out another medical gown, "Should be your size. It's plain white and not the...", she waved her hand around, clearly searching for the word.

"Blueish, greenish colour?", you were articulate today, weren't you?

"Yes, blue green thing you are wearing. I mean it looks great on you, honestly. It gives you a bit more colour and all...but you know the rules.", you nodded and took the white gown from her hands.

You quickly changed while Rosie continued on talking, clearly enjoying the few minutes she did not have to work.

"You said it was confidential before, but if it really would be confidential why did they make you wear this colour? You stand out immediately with everyone else wearing white...", she stopped talking about your blue/green tunic (You still did not really know how it was called, turquoise? No, not really) only to talk about the blue/green colour of your bruises, "Oh all those bruises! How well they fit with your tunic though...Look at them! How'd you even get them! You know what, you really shouldn't be helping me, you should go to bed and just relax and recover!"

"Haha." you said as dry as possible, "What is relaxing? Rosie, calm down. I am fine."

"You are even bandaged up! You-"

"Teal. The colour is called teal." You smiled triumphantly and went past her, "Where am I needed?"

The rest of the day in ER went by as any would. You cleaned and stitched up wounds, took care of burns and applied antibacterial cream to various abrasions. There weren't many really bad cases, given most of them had probably already died on the battlefield. It still did not make it less stressful and by the end of the day there was nothing you'd wanted more than a shower and your bed.

You changed back into your teal coloured gowns and were on your way out when Rosie stopped you and handed you a small plastic bag.

You took it and tilted your head in question. It was warm.

"Here's some food. I made it yesterday. As a thank you for helping out."

You looked inside, it smelled delicious.

"Rosie...that was really not necessary! I have the time right now, my official duties only take me three hours tops.", you smiled.

"Exactly! It's your free time and you spend it working here...I'm telling you, I wouldn't spend MY free time helping out!" she laughed and walked you out of the department. You did not know how else to spend your free time currently. There was only so much to do with the prisoners and you couldn't spend it like you'd usually would. Normally you'd go down to the training levels, do some workout and shoot a few rounds or get a stormtrooper to teach you hand to hand combat. With your wound you didn't want to risk it.

You took a look at the clock, it was half past seven. Still enough time to get back and eat before you had to take care of your personal patient.

You excused yourself and thanked her again for the food before walking back to your temporary living quarters.