Promotion

You marched over to Kylo's room. Unlike him, you were able to sense that he was home. The doors opened. It was dark. Almost pitch black. The windows were not closed and you could see the vast endlessness of space unfolding before you. How small you felt, everytime you looked outside. How...useless you felt. You were nothing, just a tiny speck of dust and your problems certainly did not matter to the black void.

Void...like whatever you were. Your problems might not matter to space, but they did matter to you. And you were not one to just let things unfold without your say in it. You walked over towards Kylo's bed, the soft sounds of your bare feet on the metal flooring did not wake him up. He was just lying there, softly snoring. He looked so peaceful...You crossed your arms and watched him for a while. You couldn't possibly wake the Supreme Leader up, could you?

You took a deep breath and wanted to leave again as Kylo's lightsaber flew throughout the room into his hand. The bright red light blinded you and you instinctively raised your arms up to protect yourself.

"What the-", he took a deep breath and closed the lightsaber, throwing it onto his bed, "It's just you.", he fell back into bed.

You didn't say anything, you just stared at him and slowly lowered your hands.

"Why are you here?", he sat up. Surprisingly enough he didn't seem angry.

"We need to talk." It wasn't a question. You had to talk, you had far too many questions to sleep now.

"Now?"

"Yes.", you crossed your arms again, for once looking down on him and not the other way around, "Sir.", you added after far too long of a time.

He looked up at you, pulling his legs towards his body and hugging them. He looked exhausted and some part of you felt bad for it...but it was only a small part.

"Fine."

You took him making space as an invitation to sit on his bed. You straightened your pyjama pants, as if they were a normal uniform and sat on the edge of his bed for a short while, not really sure how to start.

You took a deep breath and started talking, "Sir. This is all very confusing to me. You are saying that I have some...some odd power that no one else has. And now...and now I am just supposed to go on missions with you?"

"Yes.", he yawned halfway through and pulled the blanket up to his shoulders.

"But, Sir! I am just a combat medic! I am not...trained in any way, I will just be a burden to you!"

"That's why...I will train you.", Kylo said, confused what you were so upset about.

"No no no no. You don't understand. This is all just too much. I don't even know how I ended up here. It's so absurd and frankly, I am pretty certain you are just playing a prank on me."

"I am not." He was so oblivious to your confusion that you started to ask yourself why you came here in the first place.

You let yourself fall backwards onto the bed, "This is a huge step for me, Sir. I don't like it...if things are out of my control. To be honest, I just don't understand what this means for me. Do I stop being a combat medic now...do I have to sign a new contract? Do I have to wear all black and a mask?"

"Maybe.", he shuffled around a bit, "You will still be a medic. I will promote you to a higher position. I don't know about the contract.", he stopped and for the first time looked at you properly, "That's what you are worried about?", he was confused.

You sighed, "I don't even know what I am worried about, Sir. I think it was all just a bit much...and I always feel shitty when being around you..."