Home

Kylo's POV

The disappointed expression on the Doc's face didn't make leaving any easier. He did not want to go to Weih, but it was a necessity. Weih was an important trading post. They did have more than a few rare resources which the First Order wanted to get their hands on. Weapons wise and for ship building they were of great importance.

However the Resistance had taken over parts of the planet and given that they could neither carpet bomb it or destroy the whole planet...Kylo had to send down soldiers in order to take over certain strategically important parts.

The Doc had her arms crossed and looked over at Kylo. She was disappointed, her demeanor said enough but her thoughts said even more. She did not want to stay alone, she already knew that she would miss him. He appreciated it, he didn't really think that anyone would actually appreciate him for who he was.

Then again, he didn't really show this side to anyone. He wasn't exactly sure why he was showing it to her either. He trusted her more than many others. While it was hard to read her thoughts, and getting harder every day, she never really had any that were concerning. She'd always been truthful, even before knowing he could read them. She would genuinely miss him.

He had to admit it to himself, though, he would miss her too. She had opened up to him more or less fully, just accepted that he could and would read her thoughts. She hadn't even objected to him bringing up her worst memories. He hadn't looked through all of them, just the ones that had affected her life the worst so far and the ones he could access the easiest without damaging her.

He wasn't sure how he was supposed to react to her breaking down in front of him. He hadn't been certain whether or not just holding her would be fine. Given she had calmed down he assumed that he had done the right thing.

The way she had...more or less sacrificed herself for him was...he hadn't really been sure how to react to that either. She hadn't even been able to hear what the prisoner was saying, she just saw Kylo's distress and...

He still didn't know what he should think of that. She admired and looked up to him enough that she would risk her own life.

Kylo eventually finished the rest of her food as well. Neither of them spoke anything and he suspected that she'd just go to her place without uttering another word.

"When are you leaving?", she asked him as she was halfway through the door.

"About now."

Somehow she managed to look even sadder than she had before. Surprising. He hadn't thought that was possible.

"Alright.", her voice was quiet and she walked over to the table and got his helmet. Now what did she have planned? Steal it? Keep him from leaving?

She brought it towards him, "Don't die."

He wouldn't, she didn't need to worry about that.

She stood on her tiptoes and placed the helmet on his head. Making sure that it was secure.

"There you go, Sir. You are all ready now."

His smile was hidden by the helmet now masking his face. He nodded and left for the Night Buzzard.

The next one and a half weeks were horrible. Instead of going out on the field to cool down his anger a bit he had to sit for hours in conference rooms. Battle strategies, new contracts, treaties... he caught himself thinking back to the training sessions with Doc far too often. Or to dinner. If she'd be here atleast her thoughts would make this all slightly more interesting and entertaining.

He forced himself to concentrate but Hux and Pryde kept on arguing about the same thing again and again... Ap'lek entered the room, interrupting the discussion that had been going on for hours, he nodded outside.