Cookies

13:00

It was already past midday. Lunch had already been served and you had not even been at work yet. How the fuck had that happened? You quickly got out of bed and got dressed. You took a look at your alarm clock. Disabled. By whom? Not you.

"Damn you, Kylo", you mumbled and sprinted out of the medbay, almost bumping into General Hux.

"MD-2442. Aren't you a bit late for work?"

Of course he had to tease you about it.

"Yes. I am, Sir. That's why I will not bother you any further.", you shouted and ran towards the elevator. It seemed to go especially slow today, not moving at all because of how many people got in on every single fucking floor. It didn't really matter anymore did it? You were late by six hours! SIX! The one time you come late to anything in your life it's by SIX FUCKING HOURS!

And all because Kylo had disabled it. Just because you overdid it yesterday. Yes, you were still shivering an hour after your training had ended and your skin still hadn't really developed its color back...but that was no need to let you sleep longer! You'd be fine!

You stormed out of the elevator and into the medical wing. Dr. Escyle spotted you almost immediately. You wished he'd rely on force sense so he'd have a harder time. How did that dude see you every time something went slightly wrong? Maybe he had a tracker on you? Or perhaps he was part canine and could smell you from around the corner? No, that didn't fit. He was probably more part snake.

"Oh. MD-2442, right on time."

Was he sarcastic? No? It was hard to tell.

"Yes, I am sorry. I-"

"I didn't expect you for another hour. I got a message that you were going to be late.", he stopped, "From the Supreme Leader."

"Kyl-", you stopped and put your hands on your hips, "Yes. Yes, of course I was...", you moved your hands around trying to find the proper words, "Occupied. Yes. Occupied."

For someone who was usually quick witted you were sure at a loss now.

He looked at you from top to bottom, "Even if you are the Knights' medic you sure are missing a lot."

"Could be worse.", atleast you weren't really breathing heavily. Doing so much sports the past weeks had really improved your constitution. It allowed you to keep atleast a bit of dignity.

"Could it?"

You gave him a broad fake-smile, "It is fine, after all you are my replacement."

Rosie handed you a datapad, you looked through the patient records quickly.

His pretend friendliness dropped, "Listen. I want my coworkers to be reliable, you are not. Apart from that I am not your 'replacement', I am not a nurse that can just jump in whenever you are doing sports. That is a leisure activity and should not take up your time three or what...four times a week? I am not an intern. You, you are the one that got a promotion so recently. Get down off your high horse and do not constantly shoo me around as if I am your assistant."

He snatched the datapad out of your hand and placed it on the counter next to him.

"Listen to me if I am talking to you! You are incapable of working in a team! Otherwise you would not be constantly missing!"

You grabbed the datapad again, surprisingly enough he actually let you.

"Have you read my records?", you asked him. A simple question that put him off.

"What. How is this anyway related? Of course I have!"

You pulled them up, "Then you should very well know that not once have I ever been late.", you lifted your tunic just enough so he could see the nasty scar the shrapnel had left, "I have never taken a sick day in my life. Not even when I got hit by a shrapnel shard. When I started working here, I had been shot multiple times and if it wouldn't have been for my armour I would have been dead. I did not mind working even though I was bruised blue and black."