Sand

Roughly two weeks had passed since you returned from Weih and you were still not back at the hospital. Kylo had not deemed you for 'fit enough' to work. Totally unjustified, in your opinion. Did three broken ribs really hinder you that much? No. Yes it hurt like shit and whenever someone nudged your side you felt like throwing up, but did that mean you had to be on actual sick leave? Yes. Sadly, yes. You personally did not agree. If it would have happened to anyone else you would have sent them home but you? No.

It wasn't like you didn't have anything to do, however. Pryde had enlisted you for a few more meetings and asked your opinion on certain medical topics. Everytime he gave you a heads up so you would actually have the time to prepare. After all you were a combat medic and could merely give your opinion on something if you had actually tested it. Or someone else, that's why you enlisted a few of your colleagues. Both doctors working on the ships, as well as other combat medics and the one or other stormtrooper.

It was rather obvious that Kylo prefered to have you around him. Even if that meant simply working on the same floor. Whenever you did decide to leave you told him. You had forgotten it once and from the scared voice of the stormtroopers that had been enlisted to find you and the faint smell of metal you did not dare to do it again.

Every night you had spent sleeping in his chambers. Slowly the nightmares had become less, instead of being three to five times a night they only were once. Then you stopped having them for two days in a row. The moment you went to go sleep back in your room however...they returned and you were so distressed that Kylo had noticed it from two rooms over.

You had not seen Rosie since then, just kept to yourself and avoided the floors she would be on. It was partially because of how angry you had been at her, but also because you felt kind of shitty for just...leaving. With every day you did not talk to her it just got worse. More awkward and you knew that you should not wait any longer, but you already had waited so long...yeah. That's why you decided to just...push it in front of you until you would eventually randomly meet her.
You already dreaded that day.

On the other hand...being around Kylo had been very relaxing. Instead of just eating dinner with him, you also had breakfast. And lunch. At breakfast he was the most talkative, usually telling you about his schedule. If he complained about a certain meeting you asked whether or not you could join him under the pretense that you wanted to learn. In actuality you just wanted to be with him, ease his mind a bit. So far he had agreed every time and from the reaction of certain officers you actually did help him. Given that the strangulation, concussion and broken rib rate had gone down.

The few times he threw someone else against the wall however you were the one to take care of them. Afterwards though. You did not dare to stand up and help someone while Kylo was still in the room.

After dinner you had resumed with your usual training sessions. It had taken you a short while to get back into it but not that long. Kylo was having a harder and harder time finding you and if you were honest...it satisfied you. Not because he couldn't read your thoughts but because he was proud. Neither of the Knights were able to get into your head, if Kylo tried and you did not watch out for a split second...he did. Every single time.

However you had also gotten better at developing that black hole of yours. It was far harder to maintain than just disappearing, but it did allow you to potentially cut off anyone from the Force. He did not allow you to continue for too long because you still cooled down, but whenever he was not present you tried it out yourself. As far as you were aware you merely cooled down to whatever the temperature was around you. IF you did not overdo it.

You closed your datapad and placed it down next to you. From how the air pressure around you felt Kylo was either pissed off at something or the Knights were with him. You stood up and held your hand against the sensor to open your door to the med bay.
You had been half right. Kylo was both pissed but there were only two Knights. That did explain it.