Planets

"Incoming transmission request. Outer Rims...", the datapad repeated and you reluctantly got off the bed. Walking towards the desk was an ordeal of its own but you made it.

"Should I leave?", Kylo asked, still sitting on the medbay's bed.

You looked over to him, while typing a message to your mother: 'Give me 5'.

It was a fair question. Getting along with her had always been a problem, but on top of that you also had refreshed, horrible memories of her in your mind.

"Sir, she is really not fond of the First Order... I don't think it's in your best interest if she knows I am living in the Supreme Leader's...closet essentially.", you smiled but he just shrugged.

"She won't see me. I can intervene."

You nodded, "That's smart. I have been introduced to so much stuff I don't know what I am allowed to say to outsiders and what not."

"It's not about that. I don't want you to cool down any more."

"Oh."

Of course, you might accidentally summon up that void again. Now that did explain his concern far better.

"Alright then.", you mumbled and took a deep breath, "Best to jump into cold water directly..."

You pressed the button and your mother picked up immediately.

"There you are! I tried to get a hold of you for the past hour!"

"I was working.", you set the datapad in front of you so it wouldn't show Kylo.

"Right. You are on a ship."

How talented she was at expressing her disgust! Absolutely lovely.

"What do you need me for?", you scratched your head.

"You asked me to get some information for you! Not the other way round!"

You wrinkled your forehead before realizing what she meant, "Oh right. Sorry."

Shaking her head, she looked through some notes, "I called your aunt...she was asking a lot about you, you know? How you are doing...where you are working...do you know the kind of situation you have put me in? I have to lie about your workplace!"

"You could have just said that you don't know...you didn't until a few weeks ago. And you know why I don't call my aunt.", you leaned back and pulled the blankets over you a bit tighter as if it was an invisible wall that would somehow protect you from her judgement.

"Anyway, so I told her you were doing fine. Even though...looking at you, you don't seem okay at all. I'd tell you to go out more to get some colour but you are in space.", she stopped looking through her notes and leaned in to get a better look at you. You in turn just moved further back, "The lighting in your place is terrible... you look like you have hypothermia! What happened?"

"Workplace incident."

"Workplace incident?! Did you go out in space without a suit?!"

"Urs. What did she say?"

You didn't want to talk about it any further. You made it clear, you just didn't know if she'd understand.

"Apparently your great great grandmother was called 'Campbell', before she married. She was an immigrant from another planet by the name of..."

You raised your eyebrows, "Myrkr?"

"Yes! How did you know that? Is researching your ancestral history your new hobby now? If so I can tell you a lot about my side of the fam-"