Void

The Sith eternals ever louder chanting pulled you out of your thoughts and back into reality. Why were they here any way? Did Sidious only create them to get a chorus of Yes-sayers? It seemed like it. From what you could tell there wasn't a single one that was Force sensitive. Then again, you couldn't really 'feel' the whole arena, or your limbs. But from how they behaved they had to be the most loyal following you could get. It was a cult, after all. Who didn't want religious fanatics by their side that would do your every bidding because you were 'their chosen one' or 'one true emperor' or...whatever fancy term one would come up with.

"No.", Rey said quietly, "No. No. No! You were supposed to join the Light! Not fall for the Dark!"

Kylo didn't reply. He stretched his hand out in your direction, inviting you to get closer. You gave him a big smile, taking his hand and a few steps higher towards him before letting it go and turning to Rey.

"You told me he was on the Light side! You said he was struggling with the Dark!", her voice was desperate. In disbelief about what had happened mere minutes earlier.

"I lied.", you said simply and gave Kylo a brief look before taking a step down, "He might have struggled before, but since I know him he's chosen his side. You on the other hand...you're still sitting on the Fence, unsure of what to choose."

Maybe you could still turn this around? She was incredibly skilled with the Force after all. She had healed you too...you kind of owed it to her to at least try. There was some hope left.

"No! No!", she shouted.

Kylo stood up and stretched his hand out, "We will rule together, Rey. Palpatine and Skywalker. An alliance reforged."

"Don't do this, Ben. Please don't do this.", she pleaded, almost breaking out in tears.

"We can make this better. We will bring a new Order to the Galaxy.", he took a step forward, "It doesn't have to be this way. We can join Forces. The Resistance and the Final Order."

You glanced over at Kylo, if everything went as planned this wouldn't work out. If Pryde had listened to you, the Resistance's headquarters would already be destroyed...that and the entire planet. Hopefully Rey didn't know that.

You looked back at Rey. There was no way that you'd be able to convince her to join you if she figured that out. You cursed yourself for having told Pryde about the tracker. Maybe there would have been a happy end to this? The First, or Final, Order ruling side by side with the New Republic? With the Resistance? Creating an entirely new ruling class, that'd bring peace and prosperity to the galaxy. Not anymore. And the only one that could be hold accountable for that was you. Not even the big bad Sidious, or the Supreme Leader...after all you hadn't even asked him if you should tell Pryde. Your heart felt as if it had been frozen and shattered at the realization of what you had done.

A part of you started reasoning with yourself. That Kylo would have agreed nevertheless. That it was all going to be fine in the end. That the Final Order and New Republic would have never in their dreams joined Forces because two Force users on a distant planet, hidden by space cancer, had decided it would be that way. Rationally speaking you had made the right decision. Kylo most probably would have agreed. Pryde probably would have blown up more than just one planet in his search for the Resistance. But...but maybe you had ruined it all? The what ifs were just too grand to ignore.

"No. No, Ben...I can't do this.", Rey shouted, turning around and staring at her own hand. She closed and opened it a few times before facing you again, "I can't join an alliance with someone who rules over the galaxy with an Iron Fist! Executes innocents! Destroys entire planets because they don't bow to his will!"