Home

"Revenge." The word rang in my ears. It had been a long time since that word had left my mouth. I promised myself I wouldn't let it slip. But it slipped.
The world around me was closing in. My head was pounding and my heart was beating out of control.

It hurts. To see the ones I care for get eaten alive by the words I spat out. I wanted to scream out, that my words were just nonsense, but I couldn't. "Dammit."

Sweat trickled down my chin, trying to get away from my cruel words.  I was expecting them to lash out at me. For saying such words, but they only stood their... listening.  Their bodies were calm, but their eyes were screaming out in pain and sorrow.

I clenched my fists. "You guys need to leave. Now."
Sakura took a small step forward. "We are not leaving without you." It was in a whisper but you could still hear the emotion that was hiding in her throat.

"Sakura." Her body shivered at her name being called. She looked up at me, tears threatening to leave the edges of her eyes. "It's not safe here. You need to leave."

Then, Naruto stepped up, standing tall behind her. "Like she said. We aren't leaving without you." His voice was more forceful than his normal goofy tone. Naruto wasn't playing around.

I only shook my head. I wanted to protect them.

I wanted to protect her.

Sakura moves closer to him. I almost flinched at the sudden action, but I kept my cool. "Sasuke."  She looked up at me with pleading eyes. God. She was so beautiful. Her beautiful green eyes reflected his dark, murderous ones. "Please. Let's go home."

Did he even have a home? Would he even count Konoha as his home? It had been few years after the war. People everywhere were still recovering from the horrible messes that were left.

Naruto has been helping as much as he could, and Sakura was trying to heal as many wounds as she possibly could. And not just physical wounds either.

Meanwhile, I was traveling. Trying to find redemption in what seemed like a needle in a haystack.  I had gotten distracted though, and had been being controlled by someone.

Some sort of poison. I think. It was messing with my head. My words. My heart. Sakura had been healing him, until he had gotten out of control. Again.

I knew what I was doing to them, but I couldn't control my body. I was in and out of control.

I felt warmth grasping onto my only hand. It was significantly smaller than my own. I knew that hand.
I had memorized every crease on that hand.

It was Sakura's.

They were trying to protect me. The poison was playing back all the bad memories of my past. I didn't know how to control it.  Her hand calmed down my breathing.

Sakura's hands started glowing green as my felt my entire body loosen up. The poison was going away. The bad memories were going away.  I had lost my footing and pulled her down with me.

"Its okay. It's over." Holding back her sob.

My eyes were closed. My chakra was weak. And my body was gaining back it's control. I held onto her. Grabbing the back of her shirt like my life depended on it. And to be honest, it did.

Naruto was staring at us both, but I could care less.

Naruto grinned his stupid grin. "Let's go home and get some ramen!" Sakura giggled at his silliness. She sniffed. "Yeah. Let's go home."

After that. I didn't want to leave the village ever again, but I knew I wanted to protect it in any way I could. They both understood that. Especially her.

And since then, I had finally answered my own question. 

Yes. Konoha is my home.

Hope you like it :). I was bored and wanted to write something. Let me know if you have any ideas. This is only slightly edited btw. <3