Dinner

The sun had drifted to sleep as the moon was just beginning to wake up. While children and their mothers and fathers went wandering through the village, the Uchiha's enjoyed a nice meal.

While the pink haired female made a tomato inspired dish, the black haired males eyes swiftly skimmed across each word on each scroll. 

"Dinner is served!" Sakura placed her hands on her hips while showing off a triumphant smile.  She swiftly wiped off a bead of sweat and untied her pale green apron.

"Sasuke, it's ready!" She shouted a little louder, though she knew he could hear her.

Letting out a light hearted sigh, Sakura made her way into the cozy, warm living room.

She stood at the doorway, looking at his back that was covered with a long cotton sleeved shirt. When walking over, Sakura gently  placed her chin on top of his luxurious midnight black hair. 

"Dear, dinner is ready." Her voice was soft, filled with kindness and care. Sakura's eyes shifted over his shoulder and onto the scroll that laid in his lap.

Squinting her green sea foam eyes, she read the following,

Sasuke Uchiha, there is a mission that can only be taken on by someone with your caliber. Since there aren't many people like you, we will need your assistance in the Land of Water. You are expected to arrive in a few days time, 5 days at most. Though it will be a long journey, about 3 months or so, please pack lightly.  Thank you kindly,

Land of Water

Sasuke let out a heavy sigh.

"I just got back."

Sakura let a small grin play on her lips, and lightly shook her head back and forth.

"It's alright Sasuke. It's not like you will be gone forever. Besides, it's only for 3 months."

Sasuke turned his head and clashed his onyx eyes with her green ones. A small frown framed his pale face.

"Are you sure you'll be alright without me?" His eyes drifted down to her somewhat swollen stomach.

Sakura followed his gaze towards and placed her right hand on top of her belly. She closed her eyes in contentment and nodded her head.

"We will be fine. Nothing will happen to me or the baby." She opened her eyes and look back up at her beautiful husband. Sakura rubbed circular motions onto her stomach and started walking towards the dinning room.

"What if someone tries to get you and the baby?"

Sakura's footsteps came to a halt, and she looked back towards Sasuke, with her hands clutched together.

"There are people here that can take care of us. Like Kakashi and Naruto, and I also can defend myself. Please stop worrying about us." She had a gentle smile on her face as she stared into Sasuke's eyes.

"I can't argue with that." With that, Sasuke rolled up the message that laid in his lap and placed it on the coffee table, he then stood up and stretched his arm.

Letting out a defeated sigh, he walked towards Sakura and placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Let's go have dinner." The almost unnoticeable grin he had on his face didn't go unnoticed by Sakura. Her mood had seemed to have brighten as they both headed to the dinner table.

Even though this would be their last dinner for a while, they stilled enjoyed each others company and talked about their long and tiring days. With the hope that they would be doing this again, in the future.

HAHAH! Hey guys! What's new? Well for me, I just finished the first season of fruits basket, and OMG let me just tell you I'm in love with Yuki. Anyways, hope you enjoyed my writing! Stay safe out there! <3