Care

It had began a few days after Sasuke left for redemption. Sakura was bummed that she wouldn't be there next to him, helping him with his troubles. So, instead she decided just to distract herself with work. Sakura had been working at Konoha hospital ever since she was 16.

Sakura was one of the best medics that have ever existed, meaning she was always buried under pile after pile of papers. She devoted her time at the hospital. Sometimes even forgetting to sleep or eat for a few days.

You could see the bags under her eyes, pleading her for rest. Her stomach had gotten smaller and could almost see her bones molding into her skin. She look awful.

It had been a long day at the hospital. She had had 2 surgery's on some ANBU ninja, after they were attacked by some unknown figure. She was tired out of her mind, but here she was, in her office, her face being blocked by the papers of recent patients that she had treated.

A slight yawn escaped her parted lips. "Mmmm.. I need more coffee." She knew that's not what she needed, but instead a nice bath and a comfy bed to sleep on.

Sakura pushes herself out of the uncomfortable chair that had left a divot from her sitting on it for so long, and got up to make more coffee.

Once the black coffee was made, she then filled her cup with coffee to the brim, and added two teaspoons of sugar and some cream for sweetness.
Sakura slowly stirred the concoction, trying not to spill it all over the counter that was placed in the corner of her office.

Once the coffee was made, her lips made contact with the edge of the cup, and took a big gulp of coffee. She trudged her way back to her chair with her coffee in hand, and continued to read the papers that were spread out on her desk.

It was only about 8 pm when Naruto came bursting in through the door of her office. "SAKURA-CHAN! LETS GET RAMEN!" Her blonde friend had probably forgotten that this was a hospital, a place where people shouldn't be screaming at the top of their lungs.

"Sorry. I'm busy." She said with a sigh

Naruto frowned at his pink haired friend. "Your always busy! You need to take a break once in a while!"

She rolled her eyes, "I'll take a break once I'm done these papers."

"You said that last time! Have you even been home since last week?" He said with a slightly concerning tone.

Sakura didn't answer.

That would only mean one thing..

"ARE YOU TELLING ME YOU HAVEN'T LEFT THE HOSPITAL??!"

"Naruto! Keep your voice down. Its late."

"Oh hell no. I'm not letting my friend work herself to the bone while everyone else is out there enjoying themselves!" He was upset

Sakura slightly smiled at how much he cared for her. They were practically siblings, and would do anything for each other. She parted her lips to say something back but stopped herself.

Maybe I have been over working myself..

No. No I haven't. And it's not like I have anything better to do.

"Yeah well the hospital needs me. So go on ahead without me."

"YEAH? Well my stomach needs ramen but I'm over here trying to save a friend before she dies trying to
write a prescription for diarrhea."

"Not funny Naruto." Her blonde friend really is stupid.

"Whatever. Just hurry up. And." Naruto sniffs the air around him. "Take a shower. You smell horrible!" He said with a giggle. Of course he was only joking though. There were showers at the hospital, and she took daily showers here.