Comforting

The day had been a difficult one. Saskue had been rushed out of konoha to take a one day mission, he finished it in a half of that time. The mission itself wasn't difficult but when he had gotten back, he was bombarded by the one and only Naruto.

The blonde boy asked him many questions, and was quite bothersome to the male Uchiha. After a few hours of the dobe following him though, he had finally gotten bored and left him alone. It was winter and the wind was blowing, his normal black cape wrapped around his figure loosely.

It had become dark out when he realized he had spent most of his day with the dobe. Sasuke sneered at the thought of him wasting his time but, the Uchiha was just wanting to go see his girlfriend though, she was probably asleep in her apartment. So, he decided to wait until tomorrow.

———————————————————————————

He walked silently back to his apartment. When he arrived, his eyes wandered to his front door, and standing there was none other than Sakura.

Her pink hair flowed in the slight wind, she had her arms crossed and the tip of her nose was red. It was freezing outside but she did not have a jacket on.

The pink kunoichi let out a long sigh.

"Sakura." Her name rolled off the ravens tongue.

He shuffled up the stairs toward the front door.

She turned to face him, her eyes reflecting the moon that gracefully landed on the couple.

"What are you doing here Sakura?" His voice was full of rising concern.

He grabbed onto her shoulder lightly and stared into her eyes. Her bright green eyes look dulled and tear streaks were covering her face. What had happened to her?

"Uh. Sorry I didn't know your weren't home." She wiped her eyes and a small sniffle followed. 

"What happened?" His voice was more forceful than he anticipated. If anything or anyone had done something to her, he would make sure they wouldn't see the light of day or see at all.

Sakura broke his gaze and looked at the ground.
"Bad day."  She sounded like a five year old , but that was the only thing she could say without having a break down.

Sasukes eyes softened at her words. His body filled with relief knowing  that no one had done anything to her. He released her shoulder and unlocked his door. Then, he grabbed onto Sakura's hand. "Come on. Let's go inside."

When they walked in, it was pitch black. Sasuke maneuvered his hand against the wall until he found the light switch. They both took off their shoes and coats, and went walking into the main area.

"Sit down, I'll go make tea." His voice was low but still calmed her heart.

Sakura placed herself on the right side of the couch. She leaned her back against it and took a deep breath, taking in the modest smell of wood and fire.

After a few more minuets, Sasuke walked in with two cups of tea. He placed them down on the table with ease and grabbed one of them. Sakura followed suit and took the other one.

She raised the tea cup so it was just below her top lip, and inhaled the scent of hot green tea. She blew on the liquid before taking a small sip.

Sakura gently placed it down and leaned farther back into the couch, not daring to look into his eyes.

Sasuke noticed the sudden silence and decided to take matters into his own hands.

"What's the matter?" His voice was tender, yet still so masculine. He placed down his cup of tea right next to hers, and his hand reached for her cheek.

Sakura felt his rough skin rubbing against her own.Sasuke was always gentle with her, even when they were genin. His thumb ran over the dark circles under her eyes and traced up to her temple.

But that still couldn't keep her mind off the tragic occurrence at the hospital.

Sakura stayed quiet. She was thinking back to what occurred just hours ago. A women walked in with her child in her arms. The girl laid limp her mother's grasp. Blood. Screams. Cries. Sakura could still hear and see it all. They took the 10 year old girl into emergency surgery but it was already to late. The girl's lungs had collapsed while they where before they even started the procedure.

For some reason Sakura blames her self for the death of that girl and she can't get those images out of her head.

She took a deep breath.

"A patient died. And it was my fault."

She leaned against him for comfort. Sakura grabbed into the back of his shirt and silently sobbed into his chest.

He stared down at her. It broke his heart every time he saw her cry. Sasuke slowly rubbed Sakura's backside and drew circles, trying to calm down the sobbing girl in his arms.

"Shhh. It's okay. Breath."

After that, Sakura told him the entire story, beginning to end, and he just listened and held her in his arms.

"You can't save everyone Sakura. You know that." He wasn't good at comforting people, but he tried his damn hardest to ease her pain.

Sakura nodded her head in agreement but she still felt guilt tugging at her heart. But she knew she must move on.

The raven males hold on the girl tightened as she burrowed her head into the side of his neck. Letting out a deep sigh of contentment.

After a few minutes the sobs vanished and her tears had already dried up. A few sniffles left the pink haired medic while she untied her arms around the Uchiha.

"Thanks. I needed that." Sakura said, rubbing away the last of the tears blocking her vision.

She looked up at Sasuke, her eyes half open. There were still tear stains covering her face but, she wore a small smile.

Sasuke stared down at the medic that sitting besides him. Being overcome by the overwhelming feeling of love and emotion.

A small grin covered his pale face.

"Anytime."

Hey hey hey... hope you enjoyed this oneshot. You probably already guessed that it's not proof read but whatever. Lemme know if you have suggestions. Hope you enjoyed <3