The First Snow

The first sight of snow happened during the dead of night. When every young child was still in dream land, white fragile snowflakes began landing on the ground.

By dawn, the powdery snow had piled up, and was prepared for the hundreds of fingers that would touch it after they awoke.

As the sun started shining bright in the sky, and the few clouds hung low, kids started running towards the cold, soft snow.

As the little gloves and small boots made contact with the snow, small screams of joy echoed through the village.

Meanwhile, a certain pink haired ninja was spending most of her free time reading a book at her house. She was bundled up in a warm wool blanket, by the fire in the living room.

Book in one hand, and a piping hot chocolate in the other. The sounds of the crackling fire filled the warm air, and the swift turning of pages filled Sakura's eardrums.

As snow drifted along the sidewalks of Konoha, Sakura's bright green eyes gilded across the words in the book.

She cuddled closer to her blanket, and slowly sipped on the drink. Sighing with comfort, she closed her book and placed her cup down.

Looking out the nearest window, she wondered what the rest of her team was doing. Her parents were gone for the week, traveling to a different village to meet up with old friends, and Sakura decided to stay in the village just in case something came up.

She fiddled with her thumbs and index fingers, letting out small breaths,  the smell of the burning wood seeping into her nose.

Sakura's mind wondered from reality and into her imagination, she thought about what her teammates and her Sensei would be doing at this moment.

The first one to pop into her mind was Naruto, his bright blonde hair and ocean blue eyes, showed optimism and confidence. He was probably eating ramen or having a snowball fight with some younger kids. Wearing only that jacket pants and no gloves, he was probably freezing his ass off out there.

Most likely getting frost bite after only 20 minutes, though he didn't let that get in the way of winning the snowball fight.

Moving on from Naruto, a certain Jounin popped into her mind. Her Sensei, Kakashi. He was probably doing the one thing he always does, reading Icha Icha Paradise. It seemed like Kakashi Sensei always had his nose buried in one of those perverted books.

Sakura rolls her eyes at the thought of her teacher's stupid smirk every time he reads one of them. He really was just a big perv.

Sasuke was the last one to pop into her mind, usually he was the only thing on her mind, but she couldn't imagine what type of activities he would be doing. I mean it was too cold to train outside, but knowing him he would still go out in this freezing weather.

Sakura always wished he could be with his family again, enjoying the day next to the fireplace, talking about whatever popped into their minds. She wishes that both her teammates and Sensei could have a happy day with their families, but she knew it was impossible.

Their families were gone.

Their families would never be able to enjoy this day off with the rest of their loved ones.

Sakura had a gloomy feeling build up in her stomach, imaging her own family leaving her forever would destroy her.

Sakura let out a harsh sigh, brushing some fallen hair behind her ear. A frown laid arched on her face.

Before she could go back to reading her book, a loud knock from the front door, echoed through the entire house.

Sakura's eyes widened in surprise and confusion, because she wasn't expecting anyone to come visit.